UNICEF Moldova is seeking an Individual Consultant to conduct a study to generate evidence to i) understand better how the ‘ajutor social’ is spent on children and/ or to improve children’s access to services; and ii) inform the ongoing reform of social assistance and the design a new formula for a guaranteed minimum income (GMI) for children and increase access to ‘ajutor social’ for children.
Qualifications and experience:
- Advanced university degree (Masters, or PhD) in economics, social sciences, public policy or international development policy.
- Eight years of professional experience in research, policy or technical assistance related to social policy and/or social protection.
- Experience in qualitative or quantitative data analysis and access to experience fieldwork to support data collection.
- Strong knowledge of social protection policy debates and evidence required.
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear, succinct policy materials.
- Previous research experience on cash transfers and disability access to services is an asset.
- Demonstrated experience conducting interviews with government officials and the community, and familiarity with ethical guidelines when working with human subjects
- Experience in Eastern Europe and Central Asia is a strong advantage
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required, knowledge of Romanian and/or Russian would be advantage.
How to apply:
To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage
Application deadline: 18 September 2023
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants from under-represented groups will be given priority in case of equal qualification. UNICEF is committed to reasonably accommodate the working environment for the persons with disabilities.
Individuals engaged under a consultancy or individual contract will not be considered “staff members” under the Staff Regulations and Rules of the United Nations and UNICEF’s policies and procedures, and will not be entitled to benefits provided therein (such as leave entitlements and medical insurance coverage).
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- Helvetas is hiring Field Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă analiză risc sistemic
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)