Programme officer (temporary appointment)
HR-Consulting on behalf of his client - International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies/ Moldova Red Cross (IFRC/MRCS) is looking for a Programme Officer.
Job duties and responsibilities:
Project Management (60%)
- Support the Programme Coordinator for project management in compliance with IFRC procedures, regulations, and policies.
- Monitor the projects’ progress, ensure compliance with IFRC program standards, and prepare reports.
- Ensure incorporation of standards such as Community, Engagement and Accountability (CEA) and Protection, Gender, and Inclusion (PGI) approaches into the projects and activities, as well as the well running of the Call Centre by means of supervision and close coordination with the Call Centre’s Manager.
- Support the planning, budgeting, and reporting to ensure that they are timely and with quality standards.
- Assist in coordinating logistics and procurement activities for project implementation.
- Assist the IFRC and the Moldova Red Cross Society in identifying the capacities and needs of the most vulnerable groups in the affected population and in developing an appropriate response strategy.
- Feedback Programme Coordinator on any issues that could affect the project implementation, including safety and security concerns, difficulties to operate and any similar developing situations that could hinder the project implementation.
- Coordination with MRCS technical staff to ensure timely implementation of project activities.
- Ensure the presence and active contribution of the IFRC in humanitarian coordination forums and events (i.e., working groups).
- Collaborate with the IFRC finance and admin department for effective financial management and compliance.
- Assist the Programme Coordinator in developing a realistic program budget based on the latest needs and support financial management through budget planning, periodic project plans, and cash forecasts.
- Coordinate with the Finance department. to track budget expenses and ensure timely reporting in alignment with the program plan.
- Attend other jobs and tasks assigned by IFRC Programme Coordinator.
Planning, Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting (25%)
- Support the Programme Unit in planning for multiple sectors, ensuring high-quality implementation plans and engagement from all teams.
- Establish systems and guidance for the Response Plan and Unified Planning, adhering to IFRC standards.
- Incorporate monitoring and evaluation into the budget and implement relevant systems and reporting deadlines.
- Maintain effective communication with technical counterparts and National Society staff to ensure informed planning.
- Support in developing and implementing an M&E framework, including data sources, collection methods, and frequency.
- Support the creation of monitoring tools based on the planned programmes.
- Support in the utilization of monitoring tools- based on the M&E framework.
- Support in data analytics based on data collection.
- Support in utilizing collected data and progress and development of user-friendly reports.
- Support management in the preparation of programmatic information for decision-making.
- Coordinate and collaborate with external actors to enhance data collection mechanisms and quality.
- Assist in preparing, designing, and implementing surveys, evaluations, and other relevant studies as needed for the project; this includes, where necessary taking part in internal reviews to assess operational progress, including lesson learning reviews; ensure that all reviews or evaluation work is evidence-based, taking into account both outcomes and outputs; make sure that the insights gained from monitoring, reviews, or evaluations are accessible, relevant, and usable for informing decisions made by the Programme Coordinator.
- Support to manage a reporting timetable and deadlines for the activities and projects and monitor this timetable to ensure all agreed deadlines have been met; manage efficient and effective quality control and delivery of reporting on the project implementation (e.g., monthly updates, pledge-based reports, monthly bulletins/blurb, and other relevant reports)
- Ensure all reports are clear, accurate and informative; check that all reporting on the project is compliant with the IFRC’s standards and formats; support to manage the evidence-base of monitoring and evaluation work on the operation, to inform accountability to donors and partners.
Other duties and responsibilities (15%)
- Support IFRC led or joint needs assessments of vulnerable populations including refugees and host communities.
- Liaise with other technical counterparts for networking and sharing experiences.
- Providing training or other means of capacity development for IFRC and National Society staff.
- Provide translation assistance during meetings involving various stakeholders (RO/RU/EN).
- Perform any other work-related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- Minimum of 4 years of work experience in program support;
- Excellent communication skills (written, spoken, listening) in English, Russian and Romanian ;
- Communication and relationship skills, responsibility, initiative, and dynamism;
- Advanced computer skills - working with Ms Word, Excel.
- Competitive salary (depends on experience);
- Experience working in an international NGO;
- Monday through Friday, between 9 and 18;
- Comfortable office in the center of Chisinau.
Interested candidates may send CV in English to the HR-Consulting email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please call: 060 422 844
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Caritas Moldova angajeaza Coordonator de Voluntari
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă elaborare modele economice
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR
- Recruitment Internship (remunerated)
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on SRH, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal planificare strategică
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy Announcement - Chauffeur
- Extended Deadline: Programme Manager on Social Protection, SB4.3, Chisinau, Moldova
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Project Officer