Job vacancy: Project Officer
CMI – Martti Ahtisaari Peace Foundation is an independent Finnish organization that works to prevent and resolve conflicts through dialogue and mediation. Nobel Peace laureate and former President of Finland Martti Ahtisaari founded CMI in 2000. Since 2015, CMI with funding from Sweden has been supporting and facilitating the dialogue process between legislators from Chisinau and Comrat by providing “Good Offices” to the Parliamentary Working Group on Gagauzia (PWG).
In the Republic of Moldova, CMI is implementing the project “Supporting Institutionalized and Sustainable Dialogue on Gagauzia Autonomy” (aka “Gagauzia Dialogue”), funded by Sweden. The project aims to contribute to a constructive and sustainable dialogue between Chisinau and Comrat through strengthening institutions, capacities and ownership around the Parliamentary Working Group. The project brings together legislators, experts and interested parties from Chisinau, Comrat and across Moldova to find joint solutions to common issues related to the Gagauzia autonomy. To support the PWG, the project established an Expert group as core legal and technical resource to provide expert support to the components of the project, including to the Parliamentary Working Group.
The overall objective of the assignment is to provide substantive and coordination support to the implementation of the CMI’s project “Gagauzia Dialogue” (2022-2024).
Specific tasks are:
- Coordinate programmatic and operational implementation of the project components related to the technical support of the Parliamentary Working Group on Gagauzia (PWG), including preparation of reports, information notes, participating upon need/request in the official and informal meetings of the Parliamentary Working Group, etc.;
- Coordinate the work of the Expert Group with substance support of legal advisers, thematic experts and in close cooperation with PWG workstream; provide support in the implementation of the Sustainability Plan for PWG;
- Coordinate capacity-building events of key actors to effectively implement constructive and substantive engagement on autonomy issues and ensure the sustainability of centre-autonomy dialogue;
- Coordinate relations with project stakeholders and beneficiaries from both Chisinau and Comrat, in order to support project implementation, ensure coordination of the supervised project components with other project streams;
- Provide support to project reporting from programmatic perspective: collecting information on project implementation and drafting narrative reports, together with regular progress reporting on activities.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Law, public administration or in other field of humanities and social sciences.
Work experience: At least five years of work experience coordination role of project implementation, preferably within international projects or organizations. Previous experience of working in the legal sphere will be considered an advantage
Language requirements: good written and spoken Romanian, Russian and English is required.
IT skills: proficiency in using the Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams etc.,).
Soft skills: responsibility, discipline, organization, time management, active listening and clear communication, diligence, teamwork, multitasking, problem-solving.
- The Consultant will work closely with the project team and local experts to ensure a coherent preparation of any required assignment;
- The Consultant will proactively participate in various activities e.g., workshops, retreats, meetings with stakeholders organised in the framework of the project;
- All reports/assignments shall be submitted by the Consultants to CMI Project Manager by the agreed deadlines and in the agreed format;
- All communication and decision-making related to this assignment are sensitive and confidential and will have to be handled extremely carefully and in close coordination with CMI Project Manager;
- Performance of the contract (and therefore payment) is based solely on working days. The Consultant will only be paid for days actually worked on the basis of the daily fee rate agreed in the contract;
- The assignment may imply missions and trips to Comrat and other locations in Gagauzia;
- Commitment to CMI values, internal policies and principle of neutrality.
- Performance of the contract (and therefore payment) is based solely on working days. The Project Officer will only be paid for days worked on the basis of the daily fee rate agreed in the contract.
- Duration of contract: The assignment will start in April 2023 and will conclude no later than 31 December 2024. The selected candidate is expected to commit full-time.
- Interested candidates are kindly invited to submit their application (in English) by March 31, 2023 at the following address: email@example.com.
The application package will include:
- An updated CV including contact information of two references.
- A cover letter, explaining how the candidate’s profile fits the skills and experience required by this Call.
- Financial offer specifying the requested monthly fee (in EUR, net).
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Termeni de referință/ Angajare ”Administrator/Administratoare” CIDP ARA_Soroca
- Extended Deadline Procurement Officer (UNDP)
- Școala de Jurnalism din Moldova angajează coordonator/coordonatoare pe dezvoltare instituțională
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- Centrul de Plasament al Copilului Regina Pacis anunță concurs de angajare a unui asistent social
- Procurement and Finance Officer (Full time) for EU Project
- People in Need Moldova is hiring a Communication and Advocacy Manager
- People in Need Moldova в поиске Менеджера проекта по обеспечению источников дохода (г. Бельцы)
- Customer Service Specialist at Safeguard Global
- UNDP Moldova: Programme Manager (NPSA10) - Addressing the impacts of energy crisis and initiating solutions toward energy security and addressing energy poverty/FPI (EU-funded project)