Chemonics International, Inc. seeks a highly qualified Policy Specialist (Toursim Focus) for the USAID Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA). The goal of RCRA is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis brought on by the latest Russian invasion of Ukraine and accelerate an inclusive, climate-resilient economic development of rural Moldova by protecting the development gains made with USAID support over the past decade and further stimulate the competitiveness of key economic sectors, including the wine industry, high-value agriculture, and tourism.
Moldova RCRA is implemented by USAID contractor Chemonics International, Inc.
The primary role of the Policy Specialist is to contribute to overall project activities for improvement of sectors’ enabling environment and to advocate for policy reforms with/or on behalf of project beneficiaries.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
The Policy Specialist shall have the following duties and responsibilities:
- Build industry associations’ capacity to prepare high- quality position papers to advocate for reforms;
- Facilitate public-private policy dialogue to ensure private sector has an opportunity to voice their issues and advocate for reform that will address private sector needs;
- Leverage government relationships to improve the enabling environment for agriculture and tourism sectors development;
- Draft agricultural policy analysis papers and policy reforms which are benchmarked with international best practices;
- Play an active role in project work planning and activity design;
- Design and conduct trainings that are tailored to the programmatic needs to RCRA activities;
- Incorporate gender considerations into relevant program activities;
- Work with M&E Manager as appropriate;
- Assist with locating and recommending relevant short-term consultants;
- Establish and maintain positive work relationships with relevant stakeholders;
- Conduct other activities as directed by the Enabling Environment Director and/or Chief of Party.
Required Skills and Qualifications
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The qualifications listed below are representative of the required knowledge, skills, and/or abilities needed to perform the principal duties:
- Strong understanding and experience working with documentation such as policy and legal papers and national legislation in the area of tourism and agriculture;
- Superior attention to detail, ability to explain complex concepts, and regulative aspects of the national legislation;
- Ability to follow directions while also working independently;
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing projects at once;
- Adaptable and willing to learn new skills as needed;
- Experience in analyzing budgets, strongly preferred;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word;
- Excellent English and Romanian written and oral proficiency. Willingness and ability to work in the English language, with strong English writing skills;
- Excellent writing ability in English is required;
- Excellent inter-personal communication and mediation skills; team-player;
- Proven ability to work professionally and constructively as part of team, meet deadlines, communicate effectively, and deal with diverse partners in challenging environments; and
- Bachelor’s degree in law and/or international law.
Expressions of interest, CVs should be sent in English to MDA-RCRAemail@example.com. The deadline for submission is November 14, 2022, but early applications will receive priority review. Only those candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Chemonics International, Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de legislație bancară
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Secția analiza inflației și indicatorilor sectorului real
- GIZ - Advisor on gender equality and women’s empowerment
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Extended Deadline: Finance Officer, DRL-funded Program
- Caritas Moldova is Hiring Project Coordinator
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- Concordia Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL consultant
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist/ă principal/ă în raportări