UNICEF Moldova is seeking to hire a WASH Officer, NO-B to provide technical, financial and coordination support to the Government of Moldova in its efforts to ensure refugee children and their families have access to appropriate WASH services and supplies while in transit, at refugee accommodation centres, or in host communities.
Qualifications and experience:
- A university degree in one of the following fields is required: public health, social sciences, behavior change communication, sanitary engineering or another relevant technical field.
- Additional relevant post-graduate courses that complement/supplement the main degree is a strong asset.
- A minimum of two years of professional work experience in WASH-related programmes for developing countries is required.
- Background/familiarity with emergency response is a strong asset.
- Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in Romanian, and working knowledge of English is required. Knowledge of Russian and another official UN language or other language relevant for Moldova is an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage
Application deadline: 1 November 2022
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants from under-represented groups will be given priority in case of equal qualification. UNICEF is committed to reasonably accommodate the working environment for the persons with disabilities.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
UNICEF appointments are subject to medical clearance. Appointments may also be subject to inoculation (vaccination) requirements, including against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19). Government employees that are considered for employment with UNICEF are normally required to resign from their government before taking up an assignment with UNICEF. UNICEF reserves the right to withdraw an offer of appointment, without compensation, if a visa or medical clearance is not obtained, or necessary inoculation requirements are not met, within a reasonable period for any reason.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- UNDP Moldova: Security Associate - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- Keystone Moldova contractează servicii de consultanță în scopul elaborării modulului de formare profesională continuă a APP specializat pentru copii cu dizabilități
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- UNFPA Programme Analyst on GBV, NO-B (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- HR Generalist
- Project Assistant (NPSA-5) - UNDP Moldova Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- Extended deadline: NDI Moldova Job Vacancy, Senior Program Assistant - Democratization
- UNFPA Procurement Analyst, NO-A (FTA), Chisinau, Moldova
- Investment Attraction Analyst (NPSA-8) - EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă consultant/ă în raportări