The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme.
The overall objective of the five-year programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through facilitating inclusive, sustainable and integrated local socio-economic growth and improving the standards of living of the citizens in the pilot micro- regions.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Investment Attraction Officer in close cooperation with the Programme team, under the direct guidance and supervision of the Project Manager: Business Development, ensures the provision of development services and products (commensurate with the scope of the Programme) of the highest quality and standards to national counterparts and clients by applying HRBA and GE approaches. The incumbent is responsible for the implementation of activities related to the Investment attraction component and Branding and participative design process EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme, looking to stimulate the investment activity and to attract businesses, tourist, talents via branding.
Focal regions to become among top options for foreign investments in Moldova. The investment environment is improved and investment portfolio, including investments opportunities and feasible investment proposals created. The positive place image created by Powerful and vibrant local brand and is fostered by participative design exercise to redesign the city centres and create its strong individual appeal. Emerging clusters of companies are created in key sectors of local economy. Capitalizing on competitive advantages, opportunities identification and turning it into winning business strategies. Internationalization of regional business entities, penetration to foreign markets by fostering cooperation between local clusters and EU value chains.
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in economics, business administration, public administration, management or related areas.
- Additional training and certification in project management, business administration would be an advantage.
- At least five years of progressively responsible experience at the national or international level in the area of investment attraction, export promotion or brand promotion;
- At least 2 years of experience in capacity building or community development programmes, project design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience of work in Ungheni and Cahul region /or work experience in programmes financed by European Union is considered an asset;
- Previous experience in development assistance or related work for a donor organization, governmental institutions, NGO or private sector / consulting firm is considered a strong advantage;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems.
- Fluency in oral and written English, Romanian and Russian.
- Knowledge of one or more minority languages relevant for Moldova, including Romani, Gagauzian, Bulgarian, Ukrainian and sign language, is considered an asset.