The Embassy of the United States of America in Moldova is pleased to announce the Fulbright Foreign Student Program competition for the 2022-2023 academic year.
Application Deadline: June 1, 2021
Prospective Fulbright participants should be aware that public health conditions, availability of consular services and travel, as well as U.S. institutional operating status and policies may affect their ability to travel to the U.S. and participate in academic programs.
The Fulbright Foreign Student Program selects outstanding citizens of Moldova to receive scholarships for Master’s level study and professional development in the United States in the fields of economics, education, environmental policy and management, international affairs, journalism and mass communications, law, library and information science, public administration, and public policy.
- have citizenship of the Republic of Moldova and permanent residence in the country (permanent residents of the Transnistrian region may be considered regardless of citizenship)
- be eligible for a U.S. J-1 visa. Program participants must return to and reside in Moldova for two years after completion of their program
- have an undergraduate (licenta or Bachelor’s) degree at the moment of application
- demonstrated personal leadership qualities
- specific study objectives
- limited or no prior experience in the United States
- English language ability (selected finalists will be required to take the TOEFL and GRE tests, which the Embassy will pay for)
Fellows are placed at academic institutions throughout the United States to take part in graduate programs that are one year or longer in length. Program managers in Washington will determine where fellows are placed. Neither the Embassy nor Fellows will make this decision. Many programs lead to a master’s degree or certificate from a U.S. institution, depending on the field of specialization, type of program, and the needs of the candidate.
Usually the program is announced in April with on-line application due by June 1.
For more information please visit: https://foreign.fulbrightonline.org/
How to apply
- Instructions for completing the application (PDF 669 KB)
- Essay-Guidelines (PDF 85 KB)
- Online application for 2022-2023 academic year: https://apply.iie.org/fvsp2022
If you have questions, please write to: email@example.com
Please find FAQs here: