Programme Officer – Moldova
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Programme Officer – Moldova.
World Vision seeks a full-time Programme Officer (PO) (based in Moldova for the Ukraine humanitarian response across Ukraine and Moldova. In response to the crisis, WV programmes provide gender-sensitive, coordinated assistance in order to limit the loss of life and mitigate human suffering in affected communities. To achieve this goal, the Ukraine Crisis Response (UCR) will technically implement Food Security, NFI, Cash, Shelter, Child Protection, Protection activities.
The PO primarily reports to the Senior Program Officer – Moldova with second line supervision by the UCR Head of GAM unit for responsibilities concerning resource acquisitions and wider support to the Ukraine portfolio if assigned. The position serves as an interlocutor with WV Support Offices, as well as partners in the assigned projects portfolio. The PO will support to GAM unit in analyzing processes to advise on potential opportunities, Go-No-Go decisions in the short and medium term for office sustainability as well as providing technical backstopping to Project/Program Manager(s) to prepare and deliver quality reporting and performing project revisions that conform to the WV UCR standards, and donors agreement driving need-based design and adaptation of implementation plans to align with the change in the context. The PO will also promote partnership goals and objectives, and support facilitating access to resources, as well as identifying and handling risks related to implementation collaborating with the Operation and Finance units.
- Monitor funding status for each sector of the program to identify possible funding gaps and ensure smooth transitions from one grant to the next.
- Lead the development, design and writing of high-quality concept notes and proposals for private funding (including WV PNS funds).
- Support SPO in the Go No-Go process as per WV policy.
- Support SPO in pre-positioning process with SOs, donors, and key partners in the view of prospect funding opportunities.
- As assigned by Head of GAM, coordinate with external stakeholders and partners in the development of consortia to ensure quality project design in alignment with organizational priorities and community needs.
- Support the SPO(s) during complex grant designs, planning and facilitating design workshops, coordinating proposal review process with partners and or WV Support Office(s) to ensure quality project design as directly assigned by Head of GAM.
- Support Head of GAM and SPO(s) in annual donor and partnership mapping, and annual grant acquisition target setting.
Program Support, Grants Management, and reporting
- Ensure monthly, annual and end-of-project narrative reports, newsletters, situational reports and other reports are prepared in coordination with Operation and Finance department and the Support Offices.
- Reviewing progress reports, leading on country office consolidated feedback to WV SOs.
- Support the SPO in developing grant amendment and overseeing revision process as required.
- Schedule and facilitate ad-hoc meetings with SOs, assigned donors and follow-up with stakeholders on action plans.
- Schedule and facilitate project review meetings on a monthly or quarterly basis in line with projects needs and project monitoring plan agreed at the project start with Head of GAM.
- Provide overviews as required of implementation and grant funds utilization issues and input into discussions with Operation, Finance and Support Offices.
- Participates and contributes to program monitoring missions, as well as prepare and oversee agenda for monitoring visits conducted by SOs, being the focal point for assigned SO during the monitoring missions.
- Follow up on monitoring mission reports with SO and ensure recommendations are streamlined across the projects staff – particularly PMs and Technical Advisors - to improve project implementation, and design and feed into GAM business plans.
- Captures information as required for reporting purposes and provides timely data to Support Offices and GAM upon request.
Partnership & External Relations
- Develop and maintain strong relationships and information sharing with Support Office representatives.
- Support the programs team to identify potential partners to work with and through in projects.
- WV has an understanding of the needs and gaps in the international humanitarian response, good relationships with NGOs working in operational areas, and has established good relationships with SOs, partners and field-based donor representatives.
- Assist with representation of WV and networking with NGOs and local donor delegations.
Strategy Development & Other
- Assist in annual operating plan preparation including: design, needs assessment, proposal writing, marketing, evaluation and reporting.
- Strategy and annual operating plan have the contribution from all departments
- Guide partners in donor engagement and in the preparation of presentations for potential donors.
- Mentor partners in recognizing possible sources of funding for their projects and evaluate the standards to decide if it is an appropriate fit.
- Coach partners on how to manage timely completion of grant reports and renewal applications.
- Develop and sustain good relationships with (potential) partner organizations, other relevant organizations.
- Develop strong relations with project managers and other WV Moldova functions in support of our partners.
- Contribute to case studies/briefs highlighting our partner organisational development efforts towards Grants Acquisition and management.
Other Responsibilities HEA
- Be aware of the emergency procedures in a response and ensure that necessary preparedness measures have been implemented.
- Be familiar with WV security plan
- Follow security policies, rules, procedures and instructions
- Follow WVI policies for program/project security management.
- Represent WV in an appropriate and professional manner
- Contribute to a healthy team spirit and team work
- Adhere to WV Child Protection policy and standards and stay committed to WV vision statement and core values
- Perform other relevant tasks assigned by the direct supervisor;
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
Required Professional Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field.
- Master’s degree in Social Sciences, International Development, International Relations or related field. (Preferred)
- 4 years’ experience in large scale humanitarian emergencies
- Understanding of project design and proposal writing.
- Basic understanding of the workings of major donors, such as USAID, UN, CIDA, Aus Aid etc.
- Good understanding of World Vision and Sphere relief standards, as well as the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Strong capacity building and facilitation skills
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely manner.
- Ability to pursue thoroughness and appropriate attention to details
- Ability to express self clearly in all forms of writing
- Ability to identify gaps, trends, priorities and key issues.
- Ability to describe key aspects and issues of relief, development and advocacy
- Ability to maintain strong links with major NGO’s, donors and government agencies.
- Ability to explain WV’s work in relation to issues of poverty, power, justice and peace
- Ability to respect and relate appropriately to people of other faiths
- Ability to build and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to interpret and present information with influence and impact
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver in a fast paced environmen
- Completed a recognised personal security course in the past 3 year
- Knowledge of WV’s field operations, either in the relief or development context.
- Cross-cultural sensitivity, flexible world view, emotional maturity and physical stamina
- Ability to manage work life and work without supervision
- Ability to work in and contribute to team building environment
- Ability to maintain performance expectations in psychologically stressful environments and physical hardship conditions with limited resources
- Understanding of the local context and culture an advantage.
Preferred Knowledge and Qualifications
- HEAT training or equivalent is preferred
Travel and/or work Environment Requirement
- The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 40% of the time.
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at:
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short-listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is November 22nd, 2023.
Note ** November 21st will be the last available day in the system to apply.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Development Results & Partnership Specialist (NOC) - UNDP Moldova Country Office
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms
- National Consultant on Judicial Statistics and Development of Judicial Information System
- Project Component Manager (Multiple Post) (NPSA-9) - UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition
- British Embassy Chisinau is hiring a Project Officer
- Termen extins: HelpAge International angajează Ofițer de Comunicare
- Short-Term Expert within Tender no. 83450721 - Assessment of project’s implementation mechanisms compliance with GIZ’s rules and processes, BMZ, EU and SDC requirements and OECD/DAC criteria
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Contabil / Contabilă în Secția financiar administrativă
- Driver / Administrative Clerk - UNDP Moldova/PRIM Project
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru postul de jurist principal (responsabil de achiziții publice), Secția juridica și achiziții