Prosecutorial Vetting Secretariat
The position is only open to nationals of Moldova residing in Moldova.
Applications should be submitted by 18:00 on 26 November 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Background: Global Solutions Ventures (GSV), a joint venture partnership between ZemiTek, LLC and Dexis Consulting Group, seeks qualified candidates for an anticipated project vetting Moldovan prosecutors. The project would provide a fully staffed secretariat to support a multi-national Prosecutorial Vetting Commission appointed by the Moldovan Parliament pursuant to Law 252/2023 which entered into force August 22, 2023. The project is expected to begin in late 2023.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
The Legal Analyst will work as a member of one of two technical teams within the Secretariat and in support of one of the Commission panels as described in Law 252/2023. The Legal Analyst will report to the Head of the Secretariat and/or their designee. Successful Legal Analysts will be professionally flexible and willing to work in a team, independently and/or in direct partnership with individual Commission members.
The primary duty of the Legal Analyst will be to:
- Assisting Commission members in understanding the general legal context relevant to the vetting process.
- Drafting legal documents.
- Providing legal opinions on various legal matters arising in the vetting process.
- If requested, assist Commission members in writing decisions.
- Reviewing and proofreading original and translated legal texts, including Commission decision when requested.
Based on the official Rules of Procedure adopted by the Commission and the workflow adopted within the Secretariat, the Legal Analyst may also be called upon to conduct individual research and background checking for integrity assessments of individual vetting candidates. This may include, but not be limited to, the following activities.
- Analysis of candidates’ asset declarations.
- Researching and compiling relevant open-source data.
- Compiling and analyzing information provided by third parties.
- Compiling and analyzing data and information provided by various national and international agencies.
- Coordination with Financial Analysts to analyze and summarize data received from financial institutions.
- Support the Commission and Secretariat leadership for the successful implementation of ad-hoc activities.
- When requested, participate in Commission hearings.
- All other duties as assigned.
- A university degree in law.
- Ability to analyze laws, legal frameworks, sub-legal acts, normative acts etc. and to draft legal opinions that are clear and succinct.
- Highly organized and detailed oriented, able to work under pressure.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Fluency in Romanian and level B2, or higher, proficiency in English.
- Intermediate level expertise with core Microsoft office programs: Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Ability to pass a NAC background check.
Candidates with experience in the following may be given preference:
- Accessing and extracting information from national databases such as, but not limited to, Tax Service, National Bank, Border Police, Credit Bureau etc.
- Conducting open-source intelligence research (OSINT).
- Conducting research and preparing data driven reports.
- Analyzing financial and/or banking data
- Current or past work in the Moldovan prosecution system, in any role.
- Status as a candidate prosecutor.
- Status as a student at the NIJ.
Applicants are advised that job offers are contingent upon the following:
- GSV receipt of a complete application packet as defined below.
- Passing a NAC background check.
- GSV receipt of three positive professional reference checks (recommendation letters will not be accepted and should not be submitted)
- Those offered employment may not engage in any other form of employment, consultancy, or other categories of work during the contract period.
To apply qualified candidates should submit the following to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A current CV in ENGLISH.
- A cover letter in ENGLISH that defines how you meet the minimum requirements.
- A list of three professional references including name, position title, organization, mobile number, email address and relationship to the candidate. Please note that reference letters will not be considered.
- A declaration stating the applicant has no family or close personal contacts within the prosecutorial system or a listing of the family members or close personal contacts in the prosecutorial system.
- A copy of the national ID and/or passport photo page.
- Completion of the consent to background check form provided below.
Applications will be accepted until the role is filled.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.
Consimțământul pentru Antecedente / Verificare de lichidare
Eu, confirm că am aplicat la Secretariatul de Pre-Verificare/ Verificare a Procurorilor și recunosc că candidatura mea este supusă unei verificări de antecedente / de validare efectuată de Centrul Național Anticorupție (CNA) din Moldova. Furnizarea datelor mele personale, copia pașaportului meu, CV-ul și semnătura de mai jos servesc drept consimțământ pentru ca datele mele personale să fie verificate de către CNA pentru a finaliza verificarea antecedentelor/autorizației necesare.
Înțeleg că rezultatele verificării antecedentelor/autorizației mele vor fi transmise catre Dexis Consulting Group ca autoritate de angajare și contractare pentru postul la care am aplicat.
De asemenea, confirm că următoarele sunt atașate aici ca parte a transmiterii mele:
__XX_ Copie pe fața și spatele pașaportului meu
__XX_ CV-ul actual care arată toate angajările și studiile anterioare.
Consent to Background / Clearance Check
I, confirm that I have applied to the Pre-Vetting / Prosecutorial Vetting Secretariat and acknowledge that my candidacy is subject to a background / clearance check conducted by the National Anti-Corruption Center (NAC) of Moldova. Provision of my personal details, copy of my passport, CV, and signature below serve as my consent to have my personal data screened by NAC to complete the required background/clearance check.
I understand that the results of my background/clearance check will be forwarded to Dexis Consulting Group as the hiring and contracting authority for the position to which I have applied.
I further confirm that the following are attached here as part of my submission:
__XX_ Copy of the photo page of my passport.
__XX_ Current CV showing all past employment and education.
Nume (tipărit)/Name (printed):
Nume de familie (tipărit)/Surname (printed):
Numărul național de identificare sau numărul pașaportului /National ID number or passport number:
Semnat la (introduceți data)/
Signed on (enter date):
Alte anunturi de angajare
- GIZ - Advisor on Public Administration Reform and Training System
- OSCE Mission to Moldova is hiring a Senior Driver/Dispatcher (G3) (Short-Term Assignment)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al direcției reglementare
- USAID hires employee to review payment requests, ensure that invoices or claims are valid, properly authorized, and processed timely and accurately.
- USAID MISRA is looking for a Financial Analyst – Capital Markets
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Assessment Officer - Chișinău
- Specialist în Comunicare și PR, Moldova Innovation Technology Park
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova Projects
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă, analiză, prognoză și emisiune a monedei naționale
- Oportunitate de angajare: Consultanți Juniori la CICO!