|Job title||Social Cohesion Project Manager|
|Duty station||Chisinau, Moldova|
|Contract duration|| Until December 31st, 2023.
(Renewable for 6 months until June 30th, 2024).
|Contract type||Full Time|
|Salary range||circa 56,000 MDL|
|Reports to||Emergency Response Coordinator (ERC)|
|Coordinates with||Finance and Admin Manager, HEKS/EPER Partners.|
|Direct line manager of||Project Officer, Logistic assistant, Finance Admin Officer, Community Facilitators.|
GENERAL CONTEXT AND BACKGROUND:
HEKS/EPER is a Swiss INGO founded in 1946. HEKS/EPER is supporting local partner organizations with around 200 projects in 34 key countries worldwide. HEKS/EPER Moldova Office cooperates with NGO active in the field of development cooperation and humanitarian aid.
HEKS/EPER was active in the Republic of Moldova from 2004 to 2020 and the latest Country Program 2016-2020 was aiming at improving the living conditions for people in the rural areas of the Republic of Moldova. The focus on the rural areas addressed the disparities and inequalities in development of urban and rural areas in Moldova.
The conflict in Ukraine has created a regional humanitarian crisis. Moldova is one of the main refugee-hosting countries and a transit country for onwards. Moldova is Europe’s poorest country, with the lowest per-capita GDP, populated mainly in rural areas and economically unable to respond to such a big number of refugees without external aid. As of 15 June, 498’896 people have entered Moldova from Ukraine, of which 85’948 Ukrainian refugees and 3’873 third-country nationals have remained in the Republic of Moldova. The number of persons arriving from Ukraine into the Republic of Moldova has fluctuated since the escalation of the war in Ukraine.
Due to such a context and knowing that HEKS/EPER has a previous strong experience in the country by supporting local partners, it has been decided to open again the Country Office (CO) based in Chisinau. HEKS/EPER is planning to implement projects through well-known partners, local and national NGOs with strong expertise and experience.
During the upcoming months, HEKS/EPER is planning to implement the project aiming at advanced socioeconomic integration of refugees and vulnerable Moldovans to increase independence from humanitarian assistance while promoting resilience and self-reliance for vulnerable populations as well as reducing tensions between Ukrainians and Moldovans due to the perceived inequality in accessing assistance.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
The Social Cohesion Manager will oversee the social cohesion project activities. The role contributes to and support local dialogue and trust-building within communities, and between them and the authorities through joint decision-making, public consultation, and hearings, with a special focus to communities hosting those most affected by the war and displacement. Will conduct participatory and inclusive community-based initiatives identification and prioritization in the selected locations to identify the most feasible ideas for community initiatives.
- Working closely with the ERC (and Country Director (CD) occasionally) on strategic direction and overall supervision and successful implementation of the social cohesion component of the program.
- Engage with local governments, community members, and refugees on constructive activities to improve local governance and service delivery, as well as advance peace-building initiatives.
- Support the local governments to become more efficient and accountable service providers.
- Coordinate activities with relevant national, regional, and local governments, and various stakeholders including non-governmental organizations, the business sector, and academia, as appropriate.
- Lead efforts to increase community participation in local peacebuilding and conflict prevention.
- Liaise with community members, including refugees and host-community committees, to draft plans and facilitate a dialogue between committees and development partners, government bodies, or businesses to obtain financial/in-kind support and create partnership agreements to accomplish project goals.
- Oversee sub-grants process to support projects that empower the community, identified through community meetings and dialogue.
- Conduct social cohesion meetings and capacity building trainings (focusing on enhancing the inclusion of refugees and preventing tensions) for project beneficiaries.
- Organize awareness raising activities for the general public to deepen the public awareness about barriers and benefits of social and economic inclusion, especially of women refugees.
- Facilitation of social inclusion, business connections and interactions through socio-economic events with Ukrainian refugees, vulnerable Moldovans, entrepreneurs and media, with focus on female-only or female-led events.
- Organization and facilitation of common sessions and dialogue (on tensions, risks, tolerance, etc) for Ukrainian refugees and Moldovan.
- Train other project staff on gender, PSEAH, conflict sensitivity, resilience and social inclusion
- Develop activities to support a stabilization-enabling environment, such as social reconciliation, trauma-healing activities, or any other activity that fosters a willingness to engage in peace building.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day activities of social cohesion activities and capacity improvements of the program (both at the administrative level and in the field), including oversight of staff under this specific component, if appropriate.
- Travel regularly to the field to meet with project stakeholders to ensure proper performance and implementation of the project.
- At least 5 years’ experience working on the inclusive participation of local communities and institutions, local community ownership and contribution, building consensus and partnerships, and/or peacebuilding.
- Professional know-how and proven experience in working with a human rights-based working approach (working with vulnerable groups, leave no one behind), social inclusion, social cohesion, resilience, gender and prevention of sexual exploitation, abuse and harassment (PSEAH) and conflict sensitivity.
- Previous experience in working with refugees and host communities and/or with the Survivor Community-Led Response (sclr) approach is an asset.
- Knowledge of and experience with social cohesion methodology and approaches.
- Facilitation skills and experience in engaging local and national governments to support social cohesion.
- Graduate degree in sociology, non-profit or economic development, or another related field.
- Fluent English Romanian and Russian required.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in all languages mentioned.
- Strong leadership and teambuilding skills, facilitation, and capacity building experience.
HEKS/EPER REGULATIONS AND POLICIES:
The postholder abides by all internal rules, regulations and policies and accepts new responsibilities as and when those are assigned by the line manager. The post holder is polite, respectful, honest, punctual (and respects deadlines), creative, pacifist, proactive, committed and – during office hours – non-political. S/he is in constant exchange with colleagues and supervisors, communicates problems and enriches discussions. S/he treats people of different religion, age, sex, and economic status appropriate and equally and actively ensures their wellbeing and raises his voice when required.
HEKS/EPER works rights-based, conflict-sensitive and values the diversity of the people it hires and works with. Therefore, all qualified applicants, including women, refugees, minorities, persons with disabilities, etc. are encouraged to apply!
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the CV and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications: 10th of September (end of the day). Please note that applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the closing date may be brought forward if needed. We encourage early application.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist/-ă în Comunicare și Relații Publice, în cadrul A.O. ”CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- ICT Associate (SB3.2) - UNDP Moldova/UNCTAD
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- NDI Moldova Job Vacancy: Program Assistant/Associate
- HelpAge International contractează experți sau companii de consultanță pentru instruiri în domeniul comunicare, marketing și sustenabilitate a activităților generatoare de venit pentru vârstnici
- Termen extins: Tdh Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Asistent/ă Logistică
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova
- Programme Associate (GS6) - OHCHR