Mini-Secretariat – Ministry of Justice (seconded)
Support for Donor Coordination and
Monitoring of the 2022 – 2025 Justice Strategy
Background: Through its Effective Justice IDIQ Program USAID supports multiple justice sector initiatives all of which are implemented by Dexis Consulting Group. USAID has directed Dexis to support the creation of a mini-Secretariat within the Ministry of Justice (MOJ) to ensure appropriate resources are available to ensure comprehensive donor coordination and timely monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the 2022 – 2025 Justice Strategy. The mini-Secretariat will be supported by USAID/Dexis, the US State Departments International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Bureau (INL) and the British Embassy. The mini-Secretariat will consist of 2-3 technical experts and a supporting Program Assistant/Translator. USAID/Dexis support is time limited to 12 months.
The Program Assistant/Translator will report to the mini-Secretariat Lead Consultant and will support the mini-Secretariat to ensure the smooth, continuous, and efficient implementation of donor coordination activities and monitoring and evaluation of the implementation of the 2022 – 2025 Justice Strategy including:
Program Assistant responsibilities:
- Proactively contribute to day-to-day program implementation and ensure conformity to expected results and program work-plans.
- Provide support to national and international consultants in the implementation of their tasks.
- Make logistical arrangements for the prompt and effective implementation of the program activities.
- Assume responsibility for administrative matters of a more general nature, such as registry and maintenance of files and records.
- Arrange external and internal meetings.
- Prepare supporting documents, as needed.
- Assist with organizing workshops, seminars, and events.
- Manage incoming and outgoing correspondence, mail, and packages.
- As directed draft and review project documents such as minutes, memoranda, letters, other projects documents.
- Procure basic office supplies.
- Provide support to the wider mini-Secretariat team when needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- When directed, produce accurate written translations of a variety of types of texts from Romanian to English and vice-versa, including excellent vocabulary, syntax, expression, and grammar, as well as all relevant technical terminology at a rate of 5-7 pages per day.
- Assist team members by proofreading documents and ensure that no typographical errors are left in the final text and to ensure consistency of language within documents.
- As needed provide limited, intermittent consecutive translation.
- 2 or more years of experience in a high-paced, quality-driven administrative and/or translation environment.
- Fluency in Romanian, English and Russian
- Proven ability to work in a team environment while completing individually assigned assignments.
- Ability to produce high quality written translations at a rate of 5-7 pages per day.
- Proven ability to be organized and detail oriented.
- Proven ability to be flexible and adapt to emerging needs in the workplace.
Length of Contract: 12 months
Type of Contract: Service Contract – Consultancy
Remuneration Range: 18,420 MDL monthly GROSS
Paid monthly based on submission of timesheets and actual time worked. Subject to 9% health and 12% income tax. Dexis pays 24% social insurance.
How to Apply:
Qualified applicants should submit the following documents:
- A cover letter, in ENGLISH, highlighting relevant
- Current CV in ENGLISH
- The names, position title and employer, mobile number, and email address of three professional references, in ENGLISH
To: firstname.lastname@example.org - please note “mSec – Program Assistant/Translator” in the email subject line. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, Direcția deservirea operațiunilor
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru poziția de SMM reporter/ă
- Communication officer - HEKS/EPER
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al direcției reglementare
- Asociația Media-Guard anunță concurs public pentru selectare jurnalist/ă de investigație
- CRS Moldova is hiring Project Officer Education and Psychosocial Support
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de șef/ă al/a Direcţiei Legislație Bancă Centrală
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) – UNDP Moldova/Energy Transition - 14979
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor - Recruitment for Child protection officer
- Concurs extins de selectare a unui consultant în realizarea analizei de impact