UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, and matrix supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative, the Programme Finance Associate follows up on the execution of programme finance services ensuring effective and transparent utilization and monitoring of financial resources and integrity of financial services.
Programme Finance Associate is a member of the Operations Unit and supports the design, planning and management of the country programme by managing data and facilitating programme implementation. The Programme Finance Associate promotes a client-oriented approach consistent with UNDP rules and regulations.
The Programme Finance Associate works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO and UNDP HQs staff for resolving complex programme and finance-related issues and information delivery.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of key functions:
- Administration and implementation of programme operational and financial management strategies, adapting processes and procedures;
- Support to financial management of the CO programme and ensuring organization and functioning of the optimal cost recovery system;
- Support to implementation of the Country Office revenue management;
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing between operations/ programme/projects staff on financial management.
Key Duties and Accountabilities
Provides support to administration and implementation of programme operational and financial management strategies, adapts processes and procedures focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, and policies of financial activities and follow-up on audit recommendations; implementation of effective internal controls, proper functioning of a client-oriented financial resources management system.
- Continuous analysis, planning and monitoring of the financial situation, presentation of forecasts for programme resources, monitoring of financial exception reports for unusual activities, transactions.
- Mapping of business processes and elaboration of the content of internal Standard Operating Procedures in the area of responsibility. Regular monitoring of corporate financial rules/regulations updates, ensuring alignment of internal procedures, advice and guidance to management and programme colleagues in their implementation.
- Support to the preparation of CCA, UNSDCF, CPD, CPAP and establishment of financial targets (e.g. IWP or Planning Dashboard and Strategic Note).
- Development of concepts for e-tools to be applied in the financial management of programmes, monitoring of agreements, statistical information on donors, projects, funds and other relevant data and processes.
- Contribution to the mainstreaming of gender, innovation, greening in programmes/projects.
Provides support to financial management of CO programme, including with organization and functioning of the optimal cost recovery system focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Provide support and assistance to programme colleagues in preparation of project documents’ drafts, work plans, finance/budget related issues, advice on implementation arrangements, funding and partnership modalities, cost recovery/DPC.
- Support in preparation of reports containing analysis of the financial situation.
- Preparation and monitoring of budgets; regular analysis and reporting on the budget approvals and the delivery situation. Analysis and process of requests for budget/expenditure corrections, transfer of funds between projects, temporary re-allocations.
- Monitoring and update of information related to Programme Pipeline projects. Ensuring systems are updated in compliance with corporate requirements. Presenting information to management and inputs for corporate exercises/requests.
- Support in oversight and coordination of data entry of new financial contributions into Quantum in the form of Annual Work Plans (AWPs) and budget revisions.
- GMS revenue forecasts and analysis.
- Monitoring of Combined Delivery Reports preparation, advice on relevant issues and maintenance of a database of all CDRs.
- Monitoring of timely Operational and Financial Closure of projects, reimbursement of remaining balances to donors, liaising with HQ on donor reimbursements.
- Performing the functions of the Treasury/Finance in Quantum, undertaking responsibilities in line with the Internal Control Framework.
- Advice and guidance to Programme Associates and project staff on budget revisions, assistance with specific budget related issues. Act as alternate for approving budget revisions (send to KK). Quality assurance for revision, including checking of correct allocation of funds between donors and consistency of approved budget with cash/ASL limits.
- Support year-end closing procedures related to development projects’ budgets.
- Support in monitoring relevant corporate key performance and dashboard indicators in the area of programme and project financial management and ensure full compliance and high performance.
- Supports CO on HACT Audits and monitoring of audit recommendations implementation.
- Support maintenance of the internal expenditures control system which ensures that transactions are correctly recorded and posted in Quantum.
Provides support to implementation of the Country Office revenue management focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Guidance to programme colleagues on the corporate partnership arrangements with different donors, cost sharing agreements, their monitoring and management. Liaise with HQ for non-standard cases.
- Clearance of cost sharing agreements and obtaining of clearances from HQ if necessary.
- Monitoring of the Accounts Receivables for UNDP projects and maintenance of the General Ledger.
- Monitoring of cost-sharing contributions, revenue management, including all new agreements, installments and amendments, maintenance of Revenue Service Request System. Monitoring timely receipt of contributions in accordance with the revenue plan and revenue related dashboard indicators.
- Processing and monitoring of advances to UN Agencies, recording of expenses, liaising with HQ and Agencies on PDR reporting, providing advice on agency transfers procedures.
- Advice and guidance to Programme and Project Staff on donor financial reporting requirements.
- Quality control of financial reports to be submitted to donors and correctness of financial information presented. Maintenance of a system for tracking and reporting on mobilized resources.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing with and between operations, programme and projects staff on financial matters focusing on the achievement of the following results:
- Guidance to project colleagues on routine implementation of projects, tracking use of financial resources.
- Compiling and disseminating of information extracted from all available information management systems.
- Synthesis of lessons learned and best practices in project finance.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in programme and financial resources management, smooth running of finances and success in implementation of programme strategies. Accurate analysis and presentation of information enhances UNDP’s position as a strong development partner. The information provided facilitates decision making of the management.
- Achieve Results: LEVEL 1: Plans and monitors own work, pays attention to details, delivers quality work by deadline
- Think Innovatively: LEVEL 1: Open to creative ideas/known risks, is pragmatic problem solver, makes improvements
- Learn Continuously: LEVEL 1: Open minded and curious, shares knowledge, learns from mistakes, asks for feedback
- Adapt with Agility: LEVEL 1: Adapts to change, constructively handles ambiguity/uncertainty, is flexible
- Act with Determination: LEVEL 1: Shows drive and motivation, able to deliver calmly in face of adversity, confident
- Engage and Partner: LEVEL 1: Demonstrates compassion/understanding towards others, forms positive relationships
- Enable Diversity and Inclusion: LEVEL 1: Appreciate/respect differences, aware of unconscious bias, confront discrimination.
Cross-functional and Technical Competencies
- Business Development - Collective Intelligence Design
- Ability to bringing together diverse groups of people, data, information, or ideas, and technology to design services or solutions
- Business Management - Project Management
- Ability to plan, organize, prioritize and control resources, procedures and protocols to achieve specific goals
- Business Management - Monitoring
- Ability to provide managers and key stakeholders with regular feedback on the consistency or discrepancy between planned and actual activities and programme performance and results
- Finance - Audit Risk Management
- Ability to address audit issues raised in the course of an audit and propose solutions in order to ensure a true and fair audit opinion is achieved
- Finance - Finance business partnering
- Able to support business units and add value by innovating and providing solutions to financial issues/queries, including through FAQs, financial tools, advisory, etc.
- Influences and appropriately challenges non-finance colleagues for whom the service is being provided.
- Understands the operations, opportunities and challenges of the organization.
- Holds a commercial outlook, demonstrating accountability towards organizational goals
- Finance - Financial reporting and analysis
- Understands changes in regulatory, legal and ethical frameworks and standards for financial reporting in the public sector. Ability to extract, evaluate financial data, derive relevant findings and present them in a meaningful and coherent manner to facilitate effective decision making and performance monitoring.
- Understands the benefits of integrated reporting, including non-financial resources such as human, social and intellectual capital, and environmental and governance performance
- Finance - Financial Risk Management
- Ensures financial resilience through proactive assessment of risk, implementation of controls and taking mitigating action. Understands risk and reward in relation to collaborative and commercial projects.
- Ensures a culture of positive risk management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Secondary Education, with specialized certification in Accounting and Finance.
- University Degree in Finance/Accounting, Business or Public Administration, or a professional accounting qualification from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy is desirable, but it is not a requirement.
- Professionally qualified accountants from an internationally recognized institute of accountancy will have an advantage.
- Long-listed candidates may be required to undergo the UNDP Accountancy & Finance Test (AFT).
- Minimum 7 years (with Secondary education) or 4 years (with Bachelor's degree) of relevant experience in providing financial management or accounting experience is required, with knowledge of programme/projects finance is desirable.
- Experience of IPSAS and/or IFRS is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages, experience in handling of web-based management systems, experience in handling of web-based management systems and ERP financials, preferably PeopleSoft.
- Fluency in English and Romanian is required.
- Fluency in other UN languages is also beneficial.
Applicant information about UNDP rosters
Note: UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements.
The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it. Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web.
Data de încheiere a postului vacant: 24 April 2023
Pentru a aplica, vă rugăm să adresați link-ul: Apply Now
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Moldova Future Technologies Activity (FTA) - Senior Specialist - ODA
- PH International is seeking a consultant to conduct the final external evaluation for the Legal Socialization in Moldovan Schools Program
- A.O. The Moldova Project angajează operator introducere date
- Extended deadline: Senior Programme Specialist – Community Engagement and Policing (CEP)
- Call for expression of interest: Assistant of the EU High Level Adviser on Public Finance Management
- Asociația Promo-LEX angajează Coordonator/Coordonatoare pentru regiunea Centru
- Program Coordinator
- Communication Analyst (NPSA-8) - The Swiss-UNDP Project: Resilient, Inclusive Markets in Moldova (RIM)
- Procurement Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Dniester Project