Vacancy Notice 2023-06
Open to Internal and External Candidates
Project Assistant, Communications
General Staff, Category Grade, G4, UN Salary Scale
Type of Appointment
Fixed-Term one year with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date
March 29, 2023
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental, and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
IOM is committed to a diverse and inclusive environment. Well qualified candidates, particularly women, persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV are particularly encouraged to apply.
Internal and external candidates are eligible to apply to this vacancy. For the purpose of the vacancy, internal candidates are considered as first-tier candidates.
Under the United States Refugee Admissions Program (USRAP), the Resettlement Support Center (RSC) provides critical support and processing services for refugee resettlement to the US. As part of an MOU between IOM and the US State Department Bureau for Population Refugees and Migration (PRM), IOM manages the RSC for Europe and Central Asia. RSC Eurasia prepares refugee applications for adjudication by and provides support to visiting US Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) officers, facilitates security and medical screenings, provides information about arriving refugees to resettlement agencies in the US and offers Cultural Orientation (CO) training to refugees departing for the US
Under the general supervision of the Project Officer, Communications, RSC Eurasia, the direct supervision of the Project Associate, Communications, RSC Eurasia, and with monitoring and guidance from the Project Focal Point, Communications, RSC Eurasia, the Project Assistant is responsible for undertaking communications activities, with the following duties and responsibilities:
Core Functions / Responsibilities:
- Assist with communications activities in an assigned area or areas, such as case consultation, the information center and/or public affairs.
- Assist in providing efficient and effective case consultation services for individuals who appear in-person at RSC Eurasia, by providing efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous information to individuals during case consultation.
- Provide information to individuals through the RSC EURASIA information center, ensuring that all communication undertaken by phone, email, through website(s) and other technological means and, if relevant, in person, is efficient, effective, accurate, clear and courteous. Assist in verifying that the information provided by the RSC Eurasia information center is up to date, relevant and accessible to all persons, including to at-risk individuals, and that the staff members providing the information are adequately trained.
- In close coordination with supervisors, as requested, assist with activities related to public affairs, including, as assigned, assisting with producing and distributing materials for individuals served by RSC Eurasia, RSC management, IOM, partners and donors, including print, audio, visual and online materials.
- Update START as needed with communications-related content.
- Undertake quality checks (QC) of communications-related data in START and other communications tools such as email systems as directed by Communications team members or supervisors. Proactively bring to the attention of supervisors communications-related backlogs or other issues.
- Provide regular reports on the work being accomplished to the Project Focal Point, Communications, and/or supervisors and team members.
- Undertake duty travel as needed to participate in meetings or training.
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the USRAP, SOPs and START, as well as the ability to remain professional, impartial and unbiased during all interactions with applicants and colleagues.
- Maintain the confidentiality and integrity of all RSC-related information by implementing control procedures in line with USRAP standards of conduct and data protection rules. Alert the Project Focal Point or RSC management of any non-compliance to SOPs or codes of conduct by RSC staff members.
- Perform such other duties as may be assigned.
Required Qualifications and Experience
Completed secondary education required.
Four years of working experience with secondary education; or two years of working experience with Bachelor’s degree.
- Thorough knowledge of English;
- Attention to detail and ability to organize;
- Excellent computer skills - Word, Excel and Internet;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
Thorough knowledge of English, Romanian and Russian.
The successful candidate is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
Values - all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators (Level 1)
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
- Managing and sharing knowledge continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
Internals of the Organization and NMS candidates will be considered as first-tier candidates. This vacancy is also open to second-tier candidates.
Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, security clearances, and a valid COVID certification.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send the https://civic.md/userfiles/attachments/14191/IOM_Personal_History_Form.xls and cover letter in English to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please, indicate the position you are applying for and reference code in the subject line of your message.
Closing date for applications is 29 March 2023.
In order for an application to be considered valid, IOM only accepts the applications duly completed.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
From 15.03.2023 to 29.03.2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Cererea de Oferte pentru organizarea evenimentelor de sensibilizare - servicii specializate in comunicare
- Asistent Director
- Acted is hiring an Accommodation services assistant (Russian speaker)
- Receptionist (G2) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- Coordonator de proiect în cadrul organizației AFAD or. Bălți
- Acted is hiring Project Manager (Cash for Rent)
- Tender 83460121 for the contracting a consultancy services (expert) in e-governance and digital transformation - short term consultancy service
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un expert/ o expertă sau o agenție pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- EBRD in Moldova - Analyst, Advice for Small Businesses Programme