Education in Emergencies Advisor - Moldova
Education in Emergencies Advisor - Moldova
World Vision International is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and their communities worldwide to reach their full potential by tackling the causes of poverty and injustice. World Vision - Moldova Office is looking for a highly qualified and motivated person for the position of Education in Emergencies Advisor - Moldova
The purpose of this position is to provide overall technical guidance in the design, implementation, representation and operational quality oversite of Education in Emergencies (EiE) programmes for the Moldova and ensure that WVI adheres to requisite Inter-Agency sector standards as well as Global, Cluster and Ministry of Education guidelines.
The role requires a thorough knowledge of refugee settings, Inter-Agency for Education in Emergency (INEE) Minimum Standards, Child Protection in Humanitarian Action (CPHA) Minimum Standards as well experience in integration with Mental Health and Psychosocial Support and Cash interventions. In addition, the role will require regular travel to field locations.
The successful candidate must demonstrate the ability to design, implement and ensure accountability to most vulnerable children through Formal and Non-Formal Education interventions targeting refugees and host populations in Moldova.
- Contribute to the development and timely revision of World Vision Moldova Response Strategy from an Education in Emergencies (EiE) perspective and to reflect rapidly changing context of refugee populations.
- Provide strategic leadership in EiE for the response in line with Ministry of Education policies as well as global sector inter-agency regulations and guidance.
- Collaborate with relevant stakeholders to connect EiE responses with long term development frameworks for sustainability.
- Collaborate with operations team, education manager and field teams in Moldova as well as Child Protection managers/advisor, MHPSS advisors and Cash mangers/advisors to evaluate and design strategies which reduce protection risks facing children and improve learners' physical and emotional safety.
- Lead capacity building on EiE (with integration to relevant sectors) through training and on-job coaching of World Vision and partner staff to ensure sector integration.
- Lead relevant coordination mechanisms and collaborate with other relevant groups (e.g. the Local Education Group) to enhance World Vision’s visibility and leveraging of World Vision’s EiE expertise as a partner of choice.
- Support Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) teams to integrate EiE needs in organizational/ interagency assessment and monitoring processes while ensuring WVI visibility
- Use assessment analysis to identify priorities and recommend key response modalities.
- In liaison with World Vision Grant Acquisition and Management Teams, develop or provide substantive technical support for concept notes or proposals for EiE and integrated programming with CPHA, CASH and other relevant sectors.
- Provide timely, accurate EiE reporting to response management and programmes.
KNOWLEDGE/QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE:
- 3 years’ experience working in Education/Education in Emergencies (EiE) in Moldova or similar contexts.
- Knowledge of refugee situation in Moldova.
- Experience in building strong collaborative partnerships with internal and external (Local Organizations, International Organizations, UN Organisations, Corporate, Government and relevant stakeholders.
- Experience in working with local partner organizations for timely and quality implementation.
- Ability to design and roll out capacity building of staff (including local partner organizations) in key competencies in adherence to global sector guidance and minimum standards.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Master's degree or equivalent in an education or relevant social sciences field or substantial field/practical experience working in education.
- Valid driving license.
- Experience in refugee settings.
- Proven ability in programme design and management.
- Strong interpersonal and cross-cultural skills.
- Excellent analytical, interpersonal, and negotiation skills and ability to think strategically.
- Familiarity with child exploitation issues, emergency relief, the UN CRC, child protection and integration of education with child-protection and cash-based programming.
- Experience in design and delivery of distance learning modalities.
- Research and analysis skills.
Travel and/or Work Environment Requirement:
- Ability to travel to field locations in Moldova.
- English (written and spoken)
- Local languages spoken in Moldova (Romanian, Moldovan and Russian)
Applicant Types Accepted:
Local Applicants Only
Only short listed candidates will be contacted
Mode of Application:
If you are interested in this position, to apply, please register at: https://worldvision.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WorldVisionInternational/details/Education-in-Emergencies-Advisor---Moldova_R16194
No information inquiries will be handled over the phone. Only short listed candidates will be notified for the interview. The deadline for application is 13 February 2023.
As a Child focused organization, World Vision is committed to the protection of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Tdh Moldova anunță vacantă poziția de Ofițer de monitorizare și evaluare
- Project Coordinator: "Construction of Balti and Cahul Regional Hospitals" Project
- Expert Reglementări și Achiziții de Energie
- Termen extins - pentru selectarea unui expert/ unei experte sau a unei agenții pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- AOAFSM anunță concurs de selectare a unui expert/expertă pentru elaborarea politicilor interne de integritate pentru instituțiile publice și private din s. Mihăileni, r. Rîșcani
- Acted is hiring Infrastructure Assistant
- IREX Moldova/Strengthening Content Connections project vacancy - Project Officer (part-time position)
- The U.S. Embassy in Chisinau is hiring an Electrical Maintenance Worker (Electrician)
- Management Systems International is hiring for Finance and Administration Manager
- Manager Vînzări Менеджер По Продажам