DCAF Chisinau - Finance and Administrative Officer (100%)
CALL FOR CANDIDATES – FINANCE AND ADMINISTRATIVE OFFICER (100%) – CHISINAU, MOLDOVA
DCAF - Geneva Center for Security Sector Governance is dedicated to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights. DCAF contributes to making peace and development more sustainable by assisting partner states and international actors supporting these states to improve the governance of their security sector through inclusive and participatory reforms. DCAF creates innovative knowledge products, promotes norms and good practices, provides legal and policy advice, and supports capacity-building of both state and non-state security sector stakeholders.
DCAF's Foundation Council brings together representatives of around 60 states. Active in over 70 countries, DCAF is internationally recognized as one of the world's leading centers of excellence for security sector governance (SSG) and security sector reform (SSR). DCAF is guided by the operational principles of impartiality, local ownership, inclusive participation, and gender equality. DCAF embraces and promotes values of accountability, excellence, inclusivity, integrity, and respect. For more information, please visit www.dcaf.ch.
For our Europe and Central Asia Division, we are looking for a motivated and highly qualified individual to be our next:
Finance and Administrative Officer (100%)
Unit: Europe and Central Asia Division, Operations Department (OPS ECA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Place of Work: DCAF Office, Chisinau
Starting date: 1 April 2023
Duration: 12-month fixed-term contract with the possibility of extension
Under the supervision of the Geneva-based program manager and the Head of Office in Chisinau, the incumbent will support DCAF in the implementation of the program "Strengthening Security Sector Governance in Moldova" (SSGM).
Overall tasks and responsibilities:
- Perform all administrative tasks related to the functioning of the DCAF branch office (Chisinau);
- Perform all financial tasks related to the functioning of the DCAF branch office (Chisinau) such as petty cash, payment orders, and the like;
- Support the SSGM team in Chisinau in all logistical organization of workshops/trainings and conferences on the ground in close coordination with program staff based in GVA;
- Assist in the preparation of meetings organized on the ground;
- Maintain a well-functioning internal filing system of the Chisinau office (hardcopy and electronic);
- Perform financial tasks related to donor reporting and monitoring & evaluation activities, upon request and according to need.
- University degree in a relevant field such as economics, financial management, or accounting;
- A minimum of 3 years prior experience in financial management of development projects (required);
- Prior experience in assisting project management, including the organization of conferences, workshops, and training activities, is an asset;
- Prior experience in drafting contracts, reports, and correspondence is an asset;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English, both written and spoken;
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office tools.
- Moldovan citizenship/valid residency at the time of application;
- Strong organizational skills with an ability to work independently and deliver results within the given deadlines;
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written);
- High attention to detail.
- A rewarding, dynamic, and challenging work experience;
- The chance to be part of a multi-cultural team of supportive, hardworking, value-driven people;
- The chance to contribute to improving the security of states and their people within a framework of democratic governance, the rule of law, and respect for human rights.
If you think you are a good match for DCAF and the position advertised, please apply online at https://dcaf-flexperso.ch by 20 February 2023 , enclosing:
- a one-page motivational statement in English describing your relevant experience and what you can bring to DCAF
- a concise CV (maximum two pages) in English
Candidates are requested to provide an indication of their preferred start date.
Only candidates invited for an interview will be contacted.
DCAF is committed to equality of opportunity and encourages applications from all qualified candidates regardless of sex, age, disability, gender identity, religion, or ethnicity.
Individuals who seek to serve with DCAF in any individual capacity will be required, if short-listed, to complete a self-attestation stating that they have not committed or been convicted of any criminal offense and have not been involved, by act or omission, in the commission of any violation of international human rights law or international humanitarian law.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- IREX Moldova - Anunț de angajare a unui Specialist în monitorizare, evaluare și învățare (termen extins)
- Școala de Jurnalism din Moldova angajează expert/expertă pentru elaborarea politicii de monitorizare și evaluare
- Laolalta нанимает координаторов общественных центров в городах Кагул, Комрат, Каушаны и Дондушень.
- ANTRIM caută selecție de candidați cu intenția de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal politici macroprudențiale
- Marketing Specialist&PR
- IREX Moldova — объявление о вакансии на должность старшего специалиста по мониторингу, оценке и обучению
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is seeking to recruit Office Support Agent/Secretary (job n° 403770)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- Qu23/02693: FPI/Local Consultant to support implementation of EE pilot project