Protection Officer Moldova Ocnita
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and beliefs shall guide our actions and relationships.
Role and responsibilities
The Protection Officer will lead and coordinate the implementation of the protection activities in designated areas.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines;
- Implement delegated duties according to plan of action;
- Record and file information correctly;
- Work with diverse groups of people, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist;
- Contribute and participate in periodic and need-based market assessments to inform project design decisions;
- Promote and share ideas that will help NRC respond appropriately.
- Ensure that NRC’s related activities are implemented within NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and report any breaches/concerns to the line manager and/or focal point for proper action.
- Ensure that all protection related detected cases are referred to the concerned referral focal point and to the related Protection Coordinator.
- Ensure the successful delivery of protection activities, including but not limited to: protection monitoring, psychological first aid (PFA), community based building, awareness raising and case management;
- Ensure tracking and reporting of activity data to supervisor;
- Set and oversee team schedules for service delivery, and effective communication with the community for when and where services will be happening;
- Identify vulnerable beneficiaries and internally refer them to NRC ICLA referral focal point, Cash & Livelihoods, Shelter and WASH, and Education teams where necessary and appropriate;
- In collaboration with the Protection Monitoring Technical Officer, prepare the Protection Monitoring plans and targeted locations;
- Monitor staff working hours, complete performance review with staff, ensure respect of NRC Code of Conduct;
- Train all newly recruited officers on the service delivery, the relevant SOPs and the data filing and storing procedures; ensure continuous on the job coaching and mentoring.
Monitoring and reporting
- Produce monthly reports and support the UDOC and Protection Coordinator in submitting internal reports as per schedule;
- Prepare and submit weekly and monthly work plans in a timely manner;
- Support the implementation of monitoring and evaluation tools and report on problems in the implementation of the program;
- Oversee the tracking and reporting of activities and target achievements in the services under their responsibility;
- Participate in the weekly meetings with team to address any issues and set team plans;
Coordination and representation:
- Develop and maintain effective working relationship with relevant stakeholders including partner agencies, community leaders and service providers;
- Advocate for the needs of vulnerable individuals both internally and through coordination mechanisms through evidence-based advocacy;
- Maintain an up-to-date service mapping of the service providers operating in the area and ensure that protection assistants are informed about the available services
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Experience and technical competencies:
- Bachelor degree in Social work, Counselling, psychology or other related field;
- At least 2-3 years of experience in protection related work;
- Previous experience in international organisations;
- Good knowledge of English language;
- Fluency in written and spoken Fluency in Romanian and Russian languages.
- Ability to provide technical support, trainings and supervision to assistant;
- Strong ability to organize work, meet deadlines, maintain composure, work independently and prioritize work under pressure, coordinate multiple tasks and maintain attention to detail;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality, respect, non-discrimination and safety of beneficiary at all times;
- Ability to discuss sensitive issues with respect and empathy;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and respect of beneficiary at all times;
- Computer literacy (Microsoft Word and Excel);
- Flexibility in working overtime when needed
- Demonstrated interest in humanitarian work and supporting people effected by conflict.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environment
Salary: 21521 lei brut
Kindly note that NRC will offer a monthly allowance of 400 EUR for national living 100 km apart from Ocnita.
In case you encounter difficulties while applying to this position via the system, you can send your CV in English to: email@example.com
Protection Officer Moldova Ocnita (Moldovan Nationals Only) - NRC NORCAP Careers Careers (oraclecloud.com
Apply Before 08/02/2023
Alte anunturi de angajare
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Human Resources Assistant
- CIDP ANIMA// Angajare_Mentori_Program coaching tineri antreprenori CATalizator economic
- Inițiativa Moldova pentru Pace angajează secretar / secretară a inițiativei
- IREX Moldova — объявление о вакансии на должность старшего специалиста по мониторингу, оценке и обучению
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal evaluare riscuri financiare
- Accounts Payable Assistant
- HelpAge Moldova angajeaza un consultant(ă) elaborarea unui raport de evaluare în domeniul asistenței sociale
- Information and Communications Technology (ICT)
- A.O.”Cimișlienii de pretutindeni” anunță concurs pentru selectarea unui Expert în desfășurarea atelierelor pentru ”Îmbunătățirea abilităților de participare în procesul decizional a locuitorilor din satele Bogdanovca Veche, Bogdanovca Nouă și Dimitrovca
- ACTED is hiring Distribution Assistant