British Embassy is hiring a Corporate Services Officer
The British Government is an inclusive and diversity-friendly employer. We value difference, promote equality and challenge discrimination, enhancing our organisational capability. We welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We do not discriminate on the basis of disability, race, colour, ethnicity, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, age, veteran status or other category protected by law. We promote family-friendly flexible working opportunities, where operational and security needs allow.
Job Category: Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (Operations and Corporate Services)
Job Subcategory: Finance
Job Description (Roles and Responsibilities):
The British Embassy in Chisinau is part of a world-wide network, representing British political, economic and consular interests overseas and is now looking to recruit a Corporate Services Officer (CSO).
The Corporate Services Officer (CSO) is part of the Corporate Services Team, performing tasks in the areas of Finance, Procurement, HR and Estates management matters. The CSO reports directly to the Corporate Services Manager (CSM) and oversees a range of operational and administrative services in line with Foreign Commonwealth & Development Office policy and guidelines.
The CSO has managerial responsibility, supervising 3 local staff at S1 and S3 grades, and deputises for the CSM in her absence.
Roles and responsibilities:
Finance & Procurement
- Responsible for day-to-day operation of Post accounts, ensuring that finance, procurement and HR operations are compliant with audit requirements and FCDO guidance;
- Prepare end of month financial reports and monthly, quarterly and yearly reports for Country Based Staff (CBS) income tax, medical compulsory insurance and social fund returns for the Moldovan authorities;
- Process payments, inter-account bank transfers and cash withdrawals. Assist the CSM with cash profiling and monitor profiled cash spent by project team;
- Plan and organise maintenance of the Embassy estate, the Ambassador’s residence and 4 other properties, ensuring health and safety compliance to the required standards;
- Liaise with suppliers: check on the quality of works and services and report any concerns to CSM; maintain the inventory of equipment and furnishings at the office and residential properties; monitor conditions and flag items for replacement following relevant guidance on procurement and disposal;
- Liaise with Senior Regional Technical Lead and assist with the implementation of required actions and compliance to the required UK standards;
- Maintains staff personal files, including employment documents, overtimes, termination, dismissal and/or grievance documents, etc.;
- Update induction materials and rosters and participate in the onboarding of new CBS and UK-based staff;
- Update staff details in accounting records;
- In a relatively small embassy, the CSO will be involved in almost all aspects of smooth running of the office. Organises official dinners/receptions on the corporate side.
Essential qualifications, skills and experience:
- Full professional proficiency in English and Romanian, including excellent writing skills (written and spoken, minimum of C1 level for CEFR framework*);
- Graduate with a proven professional track record in corporate management, procurement finance or other relevant field;
- IT proficiency and ability to work across multiple platforms and experience with an Oracle package or similar online database as well as Microsoft office suite programmes (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Excellent attention to detail and organisational skills;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
Grade: Administrative Officer (AO)
Type of Position: Full-time, Permanent
Working hours per week: 35
Location (City): Chisinau
Type of Post: British Embassy
Salary: 20,964 mdl gross
Application deadline: 13 November 2022
Start Date: 12 December 2022
Other benefits and conditions of employment: This is a full-time permanent contract. The Embassy’s pay and benefits package is in compliance with local labour law. The gross monthly salary for this position is MDL 20,964. The annual leave entitlement is 24 working days per calendar year and the Embassy also enjoys 14 Moldovan/UK public holidays per year.
To apply for this position click HERE
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Terms of reference for the selection of media specialists to implement a training programme in the field of combating disinformation and false news
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal al Direcției reglementare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- Humanitarian Accountability Officer – Moldova
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza specialist informare, comunicare, relații mass-media
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a Human Resources Assistant
- Management Systems International is hiring for Program Development Officer
- Manager Vînzări Менеджер По Продажам
- Extended deadline - National Consultants in Climate Change Mitigation and MRV Systems Thematic