All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Urban Displacement and Outside of Camp (UDOC) and Protection Information Management Technical Officer is to lead information management related activities, such as data collection, maintenance, analyses, and reporting. Moreover, the UDOC & Protection Information Management Technical Officer will be responsible for the facilitation of digital components within UDOC partnerships in Romania and the Republic of Moldova. He/she will be reporting to the UDOC Coordinator. The position will be based in Chisinau, Moldova, with regular travel to other UDOC locations.
- Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Implement delegated UDOC project portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Conduct quality control and provide technical support to implementing partners and/or contactors.
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options.
- Monitor and document the implementation of project activities done by implementing partners and/or contractors.
- Lead on designing and developing database management systems, monitoring tools and data collection, IM tools/templates. Conduct regular quality control of data, ensure that information is up-to-date.
- Provide technical expertise to the information management (IM) staff, both incentives and assistants, in UDOC locations, while ensuring capacity building. Support in the provision of guidance and training to the IM team on the use of the data collection tools, IM systems.
- Develop, establish and maintain databases and IM tools. Conduct regular quality control of data.
- Assess and monitor data and information systems to improve efficiency and accuracy of UDOC data.
- Conduct and monitor surveys and assessments as needed.
- Organize activities between assistant-level staff working on information management and databases.
- Support partner information needs through provision of data and mapping.
- Ensure that all data collection, storage, analyses and dissemination is in line with NRC’s data protection principles.
- Daily interaction with community members answering questions and solving community member issues related to the database and IM activities.
- Perform any other activities requested by line manager.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- HR and admin
- Logistics and procurement
- Education and Youth
- Cash and Livelihood
- Shelter and WASH
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Experience from working as a CCCM Project Officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Excellent knowledge of English
- Complete fluency in written and spoken Fluency in Romanian while knowledge of Russian language will be a distinct advantage
- University degree in information technology and/or social science or other related field.
- Experience with NGOs preferred.
- Knowledge of humanitarian principles and code of conduct.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in organizing online campaigns and marketing efforts to introduce the platform to the target population is an asset.
- Experience with database management, preferred if experience involved working on ASSIST database, ODK or with humanitarian information management.
- Good knowledge in the management and coordination of information flows, data management including collection, storing, processing and analyzing data to generate information products.
- Ability to formulate IM related technical requirements and Operating Procedures.
- Experience handling sensitive and confidential data.
- Demonstrated understanding of different data collection methodologies.
- Basic experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting and administration;
- Experience in conducting, organizing and managing assessments, surveys, and similar.
- Advanced computer skills.
- Willingness to work in a field environment.
2. Behavioral competencies (max 6)
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect