UNICEF Moldova is hiring a National Individual Consultant to provide technical support to UNICEF CO Moldova and government partners with the assessment of the current situation regarding the RTM for vaccine refrigerators in place and, to provide a scale-up budgeted plan (two scenarios) for the public health warehouses across the country.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in public health, (bio-)engineering or other health related areas.
- At least 3 years of experience in (bio-)engineering, RTM, medical supply chain management, vaccine management, cold chain, and logistics.
- Proven experience in conducting similar assignments.
- Familiarity with relevant WHO and UNICEF standards and tools.
- Experience in developing RTM improvement plans.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and sensitivity to different cultural contexts and situations.
- Previous experience with the UN is an asset.
- Fluency in Romanian and strong command of English, both oral and written, is required.
- Working knowledge of Russian is considered an asset.
HOW TO APPLY: To read more detailed information and apply for this position, please visit UNICEF webpage:
Applications for this assignment must be received no later than: 11 September 2022
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion. Women, persons from vulnerable groups, such as persons with disabilities, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as persons from other underrepresented groups are particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants from under-represented groups will be given priority in case of equal qualification. UNICEF is committed to reasonably accommodate the working environment for the persons with disabilities.
UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
The selected candidate is solely responsible to ensure that the visa (applicable) and health insurance required to perform the duties of the contract are valid for the entire period of the contract. Selected candidates are subject to confirmation of fully-vaccinated status against SARS-CoV-2 (Covid-19) with a World Health Organization (WHO)-endorsed vaccine, which must be met prior to taking up the assignment.
Please note that only candidates who are under serious consideration will be contacted.