Assignment: The Project Development Assistant (PDA) will support the Project Development Department to ensure proper grant management by developing qualitative project progress report, weekly project updates, and coordinating internally to meet donor requirements. The PDA will liaise with multiple departments and project focal points to gather information for ACTED’s external communication strategy. The PDA contributes to fundraising efforts by participating in the development of project proposals in line with ACTED’s global and in-country programme strategy.
Contract: Full-time employee
Starting date: As soon as possible
1. 1 Grant Management
1.1 Contract follow-up
a) Communicate contractual obligations in particular with regards to reporting deadlines to Programme, Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Units (AMEU) and relevant departments/teams;
b) When any issue is identified in meeting deliverables in the given timeframe and budget, inform relevant staff in country and in coordination with the Project Development Manager and Project Development Officer seek ACTED HQ Program Department advice on potential solutions that would meet donor rules.
a) Participate in and take minutes of meetings for coordination meetings, donor/partner meetings, and internal meetings.
b) Support the writing of quality narrative reports reflecting the progress and status of projects in a transparent, timely and professional manner, in liaison with ACTED HQ GMU and finance;
c) Work in close relation with Appraisal, Monitoring and Evaluation Unit (AMEU) to incorporate AME data (incl. data on input, process, output, outcome and impact indicators, lessons learnt and best practices) in reports and review M&E reports from AMEU;
d) Liaise with relevant departments/teams when preparing reports, especially with finance to ensure greater coherence between financial and narrative reports by crosschecking the matching of data in the narrative and financial reports;
e) Contribute to the monthly update of the Reporting Follow Up (RFU) and ensure smooth and regular communication with ACTED HQ GMU.
f) Coordinate and support to collection of information and data for non-contractual donor reporting on a bi-weekly, weekly, and monthly basis.
1.3 Partner Follow-up
a) Ensure partners report to ACTED in a timely and qualitative manner as per the requirements of the grant agreement.
b) Identify potential partners to collaborate with and gather the relevant programmatic and operational information.
2. Internal Coordination
2.1. Internal Coordination and Communication
a) Facilitate interdepartmental communication and information sharing with HQ office by taking minutes of the various ACTED coordination meetings.
b) Inform ACTED HQ Grant Management Unit (GMU) and finance of latest developments, opportunities and challenges so that GMU can best advice on the way forward.
a) File properly contractual project documents both in hard and soft copies;
b) Support the Project Development Department in filing and archiving all relevant documentation for projects implemented on the field;
c) Keep accurate and pertinent records of all correspondence, project development and reporting files and administration information;
3. External Communication
a) Ensure a regular external communication to promote ACTED’s mandate, activities and services in Moldova on relevant social medias, with guidance from the Project Development Manager, Project Development Officer, Project Manager and validation of ACTED’s Country Director and Ukraine Communications team;
b) Ensure a regular collection of information and pictures with field teams (documenting, analysing, filing, in line with ACTED communication and safeguarding policies);
c) According to the needs, ensure a consolidation of external communication materials for donor reports in the form of a communication package;
d) Contribute to ACTED external communication strategy by feeding regularly ACTED HQ and Ukraine Communication Department with informal updates on projects, a flash news, pictures, articles on projects progress and/or specific events for ACTED communication tools, including, but not limited to, ACTED Newsletter, websites and ACTED Annual Report;
e) Participate in donor visits, partners visit or internal field visits to support the collection of information, monitoring of activities or to research potential funding opportunities.
1.1 External relations
a) Update regularly a directory of donors, international and local NGOs, other partners and stakeholders;
b) Contribute when required to the reporting of national and local authorities as required by ACTED registration/legal status in country;
c) In the absence of Technical Coordinators, Project Managers, participate in key clusters and/or working group meetings and share the minutes with relevant departments;
4.2 Contribution to proposal development
a) Contribute when required to the development of fundraising documents (Expression of Interests/concept notes/proposals) in line with ACTED country strategy and donor requirements and in close collaboration with ACTED HQ GMU (Grant Management Unit) and finance;
b) Liaise with Area Coordinators, Project Managers and Technical Coordinators to ensure that proposals are relevant and technically sound;
c) Incorporate learning from previous interventions (e.g. lessons learnt and best practices) into new proposals;
a) Contribute to addressing in a timely manner all comments by donors on proposals in liaison with relevant staff in country and ACTED HQ GMU and finance;
5. Protection Mainstreaming
a) Promoting of and adhering to Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse policy and guidelines (for site residents, ACTED staff, partner agencies, casual labors).
Perform other duties as required by the relevant supervisor.
The Project Development Assistant works under the direct hierarchy of the Project Development Officer.
Required personal qualities
- The Project Development Assistant will be appraised on his/her demonstration of the qualities and competencies listed below as well as from carrying out of the duties in the previous section.
- Diplomacy and good communication skills is required for all interactions with both project beneficiaries, ACTED staff and other project stakeholders.
- Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality are imperative; without prior authorization of Project Development Manager, communication reports and project development documents should not be shared within or outside ACTED but should be kept within the Project Development Department.
- Excellent English writing skills and the ability to present information clearly and concisely.
- Flexibility and adaptability are essential, as well as the ability to plan, take initiative and organize work independently.
- Understanding the nature of work carried out by programmes is necessary for ensuring the relevance and usability of the reports produced. Therefore, a proactive and self-motivated attitude towards gaining a good understanding of ACTED programs is essential. In addition, some prior knowledge of project specifics practices is desirable.
- Willingness to learn and capacity to innovate; the Project Development Assistant must be inventive and eager to improve his/her own skills, and be capable to adapt, shape and develop tools best suited for ACTED’s activities.
- Competency in all computer related tasks including Microsoft Teams, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint is strongly desirable. An ability to learn new computer related skills rapidly is essential.
- Ability to travel to locations outside Chisinau, which may include overnight stays, in order to collect information for reports and project proposals.
Education: Bachelor / Master degree in Social Sciences, Media, languages.
Languages: Fluency in English and Romanian mandatory.
Experience: At least 2 years of work experience in an office setting social enterprise or media setting with strong communication output.
Official employment, competitive salary according to knowledge and experience.
In order to apply for this position please follow the below sample suggestions:
- CV with no more than 1-4 pages in ENGLISH language;
- Named as First_Last_Name_ desired position_CV;
- If you consider to send Letter of intention name as - First_LastName_desired position_Letter of Intention.
Please apply only if you are able to work full time.
Before applying, please make sure that you have read the requirements for the position and that you qualify.
Applications from non-qualifying applicants will most likely be discarded by the recruiting manager.
Send your application (resume and cover letter) to email@example.com
ACTED - reserves the right to cancel the selection process at any time.
*All of the information you provide during the application process will only be used for the purpose of progressing your application, or to fulfil legal or regulatory requirements if necessary. It will be held securely by us whether the information is in electronic or physical format.