Job Description: Assistant to the Caritas Austria Programme Liaison Officer in Moldova
Duration of Contract: 12 Months (15.05.2022 – 31.04.2023)
Location: Based in Chisinau/Moldova, with travels to program locations in the country
The main thematic areas of Caritas Austria International Programs in Moldova are Assistance to Children, Humanitarian Aid and Home-Based Care.
As part of Caritas Austria International Programs in Moldova, the “Assistant to the Programme Liaison Officer” will support the implementation of international cooperation and emergency response projects in Moldova.
The “Assistant to the Programme Liaison Officer in Moldova” will work under the supervision of the Programme Liaison Officer and Caritas Austria Program Manager and will support on various management tasks (project cycle management, reporting, finance and project administration). The Assistant will also support Caritas Austria Implementing Partners (IPs) during all stages of implementation, in particular with regard to quality assurance, cooperation and reporting.
- Assist implementing partners to monitor project activities and prepare timely field progress reports using MEAL tools and following the reporting formats;
- Information gathering and report on activities by other organizations to contribute to better coordination and complementarity;
- Work closely with project partner(s) team counterparts to ensure effective coordination and communication between the organizations;
- Participate in the preparation and implementation of assessment missions, audits and external evaluations when required;
- Assist in the preparation/facilitation of workshops and trainings as well as monitoring visits from the Regional Program Manager;
- Quality interpretation of meetings, translations when needed by the Regional Program Manager and minutes taking during key meetings.
- Assistance to the Programme Liaison Officer in consolidating reports to the Donor by providing timely relevant information and other various management tasks
Requested Specification and Experience
Knowledge and experience
- Bachelors or Masters in Humanitarian, Development Studies, Social Sciences or related field (preferred);
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a national/international NGO (or similar);
- Solid knowledge of Project Cycle Management and proven track records in project management (ability to write reports, planning and monitoring, knowledge of reporting and budgeting);
- Knowledge of quality assurance and monitoring tools;
- Familiarity with databanks and filing systems;
- Experience of working with institutional donors such as EU, ECHO, UN, USAID etc. an asset;
Skills and attitude
- Project cycle management;
- Flexible, autonomous worker, able to operate in fluid and sometimes insecure environment;
- Interpersonal and organizational sensitivity;
- Ability to work within a team;
- Readiness to travel to program’s locations frequently;
- Knowledge of English, Romanian, Russian (fluent written and oral), German (an asset);
- Experience with multi-donor and multi-site programs;
- Commitment to and understanding of Caritas’ aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches
To apply, please send CV/resume and cover letter summarizing your interest and qualifications by May 13th to Raphael.Thurn-Valsassina@caritas-austria.at. Only individuals selected for an interview will be contacted.