COMMUNICATIONS AND OUTREACH SPECIALIST
The Te Doy Foundation (TDF) seeks qualified persons for a part-time position of Communications and Outreach Specialist to serve on the INL two-year “Establishing a Family Justice Center Project in Moldova”. The project aims to support an inter-disciplinary, holistic approach to combating domestic and gender-based violence through the establishment of a Family Justice Center in Moldova in order to protect and assist victims and their children who are affected by all forms of domestic and sexual violence by ensuring access to all necessary support services.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Responsibilities include a wide variety of simple to complex communications and outreach functions to support the project implementation and enhance the project’s public outreach and community engagement activities.
- In collaboration with the team and partners and under the supervision of the Program director to design, implement and update a communications plan to promote awareness about project-related activities;
- Identify gaps in communications, develop/recommend strategies, implement solutions, and present results to management;
- Develop the Communication Strategy and “Outreach Strategy and Action Plan”;
- Develop communications and outreach materials for specific audiences and stakeholders;
- Create talking points, briefing materials, and information kits for presentations as required by the project leadership;
- Support improvement of the communications capacity for project team and partners;
- Assist the project team in all project public outreach and awareness campaigns;
- Develop social media content as requested, including visual materials, including infographics and video content;
- Assist the project staff with outreach event planning and arrangements;
- Generates diverse types of multimedia content including video content, photographs, drawings, and other graphic media;
- Coordinate and communicate with contractors to develop any video and written materials on various aspects of the project activities/ events;
- Designs flyers, reports, and presentations;
- Promotes Project activities through a variety of communication methods, including the integration of information on the website, social media, and other emerging technologies;
- Coordinates translation of Project materials into languages/formats necessary to reach target group;
- Provide quality control, including proofreading, on all print and electronic public information produced by project team and partners;
- Other duties as assigned.
- A university degree in communications, journalism or closely related fields;
- Experience in radio, television or print media is an asset;
- Experience in the design of print and broadcast media outreach materials;
- Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills;
- A native Romanian language speaker, with English and Russian speaking and writing skills;
- Previous experience working in the fields of gender-based violence prevention/women rights, would be an advantage.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with project team and partners;
- Experience and leadership in developing, implementing, and evaluating a comprehensive strategic communication, media relations, and marketing programs;
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing a branding strategy;
- Ability to transform technical jargon into communications messages for a variety of audiences, including the public and different stakeholders;
- Be independent, take initiative, and manage tasks without daily supervision;
- Prioritize and manage multiple projects simultaneously to meet stated deadlines;
- Have strong interpersonal and team-player skills;
- Extensive experience writing, editing, and placing pieces in a variety of print and social media channels.
Interested persons should send the documents listed below to Ruxanda Revencu, the Program Deputy Director, at the e-mail address email@example.com, by October 26, 2021, 5.00pm, with the subject line entitled “Communications and Outreach Specialist”.
- Personal CV, including a list of publications on relevant topics (if any). The CV should include the contact details (e-mail addresses & phone number) of at least 2 referees;
- Technical offer: a preliminary structure of a communication plan and outreach strategy (1-2 pages).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Our hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, etc.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.