- Issued by: OSCE Mission to Moldova
- Requisition ID: OSC00002S
- Contract Type: Special Service Agreement (SSA) / Consultant
- Grade: No grade
- Job Type: Consultant
- Number of posts: 50
- Location: OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau
- Posting Date: Oct 7, 2021
- Closing Date: Nov 3, 2021
The OSCE Mission to Moldova is updating its Roster of Translators and Interpreters. The aim is that Mission can flexibly contract interpreters on the need basis to various events and activities from the roster. The Mission needs Romanian-English, Russian-English and Romanian-Russian interpreters and translators. For candidates to be placed on the Mission’s Roster of freelance language specialists one must have proven professional experience in Translation and Interpretation from English into Romanian/Russian and vice versa, preferably with international organizations.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
Under the supervision of the Mission's staff, the identified language specialists will be responsible for:
- Providing consecutive and/or simultaneous interpretation from and into the following languages: English, Romanian and Russian during bilateral meetings and Mission’s activities, such as in-person and online seminars, workshops, high-level conferences, roundtables and other official events related to political, military/security and economic issues, human rights, minority rights, freedom of movement, education, justice, healthcare, non-discrimination, civil society, rule of law, gender-based violence, trafficking in human beings and other relevant fields.
- Providing written translation services of project and training related documents and other required materials related to political, military/security and economic issues, human rights, minority rights, freedom of movement, education, justice, healthcare, non-discrimination, civil society, rule of law, gender-based violence, trafficking in human beings and other relevant fields into the following languages: English, Romanian, Russian.
For more detailed information on the structure and work of the OSCE Mission to Moldova, please see: https://www.osce.org/mission-to-moldova.
- University degree in interpretation/translation, languages, humanities or related field, or at least five years proven successful experience of provision of interpretation/translation service to international organizations;
- Five or more years of relevant professional experience in consecutive and/or simultaneous Interpretation and/or written Translation; ;
- Professional knowledge of English, Romanian and/or Russian languages;
- Professional knowledge of terminology in one or more such fields as political, military/security and economic issues, human rights, minority rights, freedom of movement, education, justice, healthcare, non-discrimination, civil society, rule of law, gender-based violence, trafficking in human beings and other relevant fields;
- Basic computer skills;
- Ability and willingness to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds and diverse political views;
- Strong ability to work under deadline pressure and meet strict deadlines
- Demonstrated gender awareness and sensitivity, and an ability to integrate a gender perspective into tasks and activities;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of team, with people of different cultural, and religious backgrounds, different gender, and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
The consultant will be remunerated commensurate with consultant’s experience and qualifications in accordance with the OSCE Mission to Moldova established rates.
How To Apply:
For more details please visit the OSCE website employment section at http://www.osce.org/employment/. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply online, using the OSCE online application link.
Please note that applications received after the deadline, submitted in different formats than the OSCE Application Form or in other languages than the English language will not be considered.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply to become a part of the organization.
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration.
Please be aware that the OSCE does not request payment at any stage of the application and review process.
Contribuie la continuarea proiectului CIVIC.MD. Devino susținător, donează aici.