Platform Administrator / Tekwill in Every School
THE MOLDOVAN ASSOCIATION OF ICT COMPANIES (“ATIC”) is the business Organization uniting 80 companies. Umbrella Organization gathering over 7000 employees.
Being established in 2006, ATIC is the action leading association and the voice of the Moldovan ICT industry that promotes the development of the ICT sector in Republic of Moldova through viable partnerships between companies, similar organizations, government, state institutions and international organizations. The association was founded to represent the industry on different policy and legislative issues and to facilitate the exchange of best practices between members. ATIC mission is to protect and promote the Association members’ interests as well as facilitate a more favorable ICT business climate.
The ICTEC Project started as a USAID program implemented by the National Association of ICT Companies (ATIC). In 2016, the Government of Sweden joined the program and expanded the operations and content programs of Tekwill. The project is implemented as a private-public partnership (though Global Development Alliances instrument (GDA)), between the Moldovan Government, private industry, academia and donors. The private partners include multinational companies, IBM and Microsoft, and also Moldovan Association of Private ICT Companies (ATIC) members that are local (operated) ICT companies. The private partners bring significant new resources, ideas, software, technologies and development activities, such as trainings, practical assignments, and mentorship. The private sector partners will have the chance to use the center to communicate with the university, SMEs, startups, professionals and contribute to the curricula improvement answering the market needs, as well as the improvement of the IT and entrepreneurship ecosystem that will lead to the economic growth of the country. The Government of Moldova supports this project at the highest level of the Prime Minister, and the partners include Ministry of ICT, Ministry of Education, and E-Government Center.
About „Tekwill in every school”
„Tekwill in every school” is a complex program of extracurricular courses, for pupils aged 13-19. The program aims to transform and digitalize education in the Republic of Moldova, by providing every school the opportunity to access a free eLearning platform, for students aged between 13-19 years to benefit from interactive digital content. The developed e-courses will allow students to acquire the necessary knowledge and skills required by the future jobs’ workplace.
„Tekwill in every school” mission is to harness Moldova’s untapped human capital and to help grow a young and innovative generation of software engineers, IT developers, and creative professionals that will design, here at home, products that will meet social challenges at national and global scale.
Job Title: Platform Administrator for Tekwill in every school program
The Platform Administrator will be responsible for improving the user experience on the tekwill.online platform by ensuring that the program’s content (courses) is published on a timely manner and that our users are actively using our platform and encounter little to no bugs by providing immediate assistance in solving reported errors.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with the eContent Manager in ensuring that the content that needs to be published on the platform is validated and approved
- Provide a schedule with regards to content upload on the platform. Monitor and update weekly the timeline of execution, making sure that content is published ahead of time for easy access by pupils
- Periodically maintain and update content on the platform (upon necessity and in situations when content underwent changes that need to be reflected on the platform)
- Identify best options of publishing content on the platform based on H5P elements, that would allow a user-friendly experience for our beneficiary-students
- Come up with improvement suggestions that would allow a better user experience on the platform
- Responsible of the communication process with the company providing maintenance services for the platform in order to report bugs and tracking the resolution of each bug
- Post articles, content on the Home Page of tekwill.online platform
- Identify, suggest ideas and solutions on improving the home page layout/text arrangement on other TIFS pages from the platform.
- Add new pages on the tekwill.online platform (upon necessity)
- Organize training sessions (upon request) to beneficiary-teachers with regards to registration process on the platform
- Manage the approval process of teachers’ account requests together with the Academic Coordinator and Local STEM Managers
- Assist school administrators in creating their classes on the platform
- Assist teachers with student registration and approvals on the platform; provide immediate assistance and report all bugs related to the platform
- Perform other tasks and assignments at the supervisors’ request.
Education, experience, and skills:
- Education: Bachelor's degree in any of the fields: IT, Management, Design, or other similar fields.
- Language Skills:Fluency (including reading, writing, and speaking) in Romanian, Russian and good level of English is required.
- Demonstrated experience of successfully multi-tasking across projects and delivering results within tight deadlines.
- Keen attention to detail and an aptitude for problem solving.
- Goal-oriented, independent, committed, innovative and motivated.
- Reliable, accurate and systematic.
- Monthly planning of content publishing timeline of execution
- Publish course content to the Tekwill.Online platform based on the personal timeline of execution
- 3 courses in Romanian language (AI, Entrepreneurship, Mobile Apps)
- 3 courses in Russian language (Programming, Web, Graphic Design)
- other courses
- Track maintainance of platform bugs.
- Assist approx. 500 teachers in creating their accounts on the platform
- Active usage of the platform – 60% of registered users
Period of performance:
The assignment will begin on/about September 2021 with a probation period of 3 months. The assignment will be automatically prolonged in case of positive performance on the job and mutual agreement.
Place of performance:
The consultant will perform his/her duties in Chisinau, Moldova, as indicated in the SOW.
The consultant will report to the Tekwill in Every School Project Manager and to the ATIC Strategic Projects Director, who will be responsible for supervising the employee’s performance.
Interested candidates shall submit the following documents:
- CV of the applicant, including details of two reference persons.
- Motivation letter, including samples, links of previous work.
The application package shall be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com with the subject line: „Platform Administrator – Tekwill in Every School”, by September 1st, 2021 (17:00). Only selected persons will be contacted. Incomplete applications will not be considered.