Vacancy announcement: Project Assistant
“Move IT like Lublin – a Chisinau public transport sustainable development initiative”
Reference Grant Contract number: NEAR-TS/2020/ 421-885
Project Assistant (Full – time)
The Chișinău City Hall has signed a grant contract on 23 of December 2020 with the EU Commission, in accordance with the Chisinau Municipal Council Decision 22/2 from 22 December 2020 “Regarding the approval of the Grant Agreement, concluded between the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova, Chisinau City Hall and Gmina Lublin”.
The budget line: BGUE-B2019-21.020802-C1-DEVCO, EuropeAid/167744/DH/ACT/Multi, Lot 4: Partnerships for sustainable cities in the Southern and Eastern Neighborhood.
The grant of 3,325,000 EUR was awarded for the modernization of Chișinău Public Transport and the attraction of know-how from more experienced EU cities. Lublin City Hall (Gmina Lublin) is a project partner and co-beneficiary in the current project and its team will support the Chișinău team in project implementation. The current project design was elaborated based on several reports and studies carried out in recent years with regard to how the public transport should be improved in Chișinău.
The objective of the project is to modernize Chișinău Public Transport system by:
- Ensuring a functioning policy dialogue between all relevant government and local public administration stakeholders;
- Ensuring the knowledge and expertise from Lublin and other European Cities to Chișinău; building capacity at local level and strengthening the traffic management capacities of local institutions;
- Ensuring the use of new technologies and innovation in traffic management and Public Transport management in Chișinău;
The main objective of the Project Assistant is to assist the project in accordance with the:
- Standard Grant Contract signed between the City Hall and the EU Commission;
- The Description of Action (DoA), that is an Annex to the contract;
- The Project Budget;
- The Logical Framework;
- The EU Guidelines and Regulations;
- Applicable Local Law provisions.
3. PROJECT DURATION
The project duration is 48 months, starting February 2021. The Project Assistant will be hired for an initial period of 12 months, with the possibility of contract extension. It is expected that the Project Assistant will stay within the project until the very end of the project and the delivery of the final reports.
4. BASIC FUNCTIONS
The Project Assistant for “Move IT like Lublin – a Chisinau public transport sustainable development initiative” project assists the Project Manager in organizing, preparing the implementation of activities and preparing reports on the progress of the action implementation. He/she ensures the information and awareness of the beneficiaries and the general public about the project activities, ensuring the visibility of the project.
5. SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting the Project Manager in leading the Project Implementation Unit and monitoring the timely delivery of work tasks from all members of the unit;
- Providing support in the process of recruiting qualified staff within the Project Implementation Unit;
- Drafting the required TOR templates for project members and individual contracts, in accordance with EU guidelines and national laws;
- Assistance in the efficient and correct implementation of all procurement and project contracts;
- Verification of all financial transactions and cooperation with the relevant subdivisions of the City Hall responsible for financial management;
- Monitoring and reporting to the Project Manager about the project progress, updates, evolutions, obstacles, challenges and providing solutions to solve them, if necessary;
- Ensuring efficient communication with project partners and representatives of the contracting authority; this includes preparing updates to the EU Delegation and the City of Lublin, when necessary;
- Ensuring efficient communication within the Project Implementation Unit;
- Preparation of short, interim and annual reports, as required by the contracting authority and in accordance with the Grant Agreement;
- Participation in mediation and negotiation in accordance with the Description of the Action and the objectives of the project in all aspects of collaboration with the Chisinau City Hall, the relevant national authorities and the project stakeholders;
- Ensuring collaboration with stakeholders, at national and international level, according to the TOR mandate and the Grant Contract, in case of institutional blockages, challenges to overcome them and ensure the smooth implementation of the project;
- Participating in the elaboration and coordination of the communication and visibility plan related to the project, with the Chisinau City Hall, the EU Delegation to Moldova and the Brussels Support Team.
6. SUBORDINATION: To the Project Manager.
7. EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
University degree or Master degree in public administration, management, economics, finance, law or other related fields. At least one accredited training course on project management.
Language Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills. Fluency (including reading, writing and speaking) in Romanian and English is required. Russian will be considered an advantage
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office and other software for team working.
Other specific requirements:
- Experience in implementing projects, of at least 3 years as an employee or consultant. Greater experience is an advantage. Relevant working experience with central and local public authorities and international development partners and civil society.
- Strong written and oral communication skills with different categories of audience, including the media.
- Ability to understand and perform tasks in an operational and efficient manner.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- The ability to prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment is essential.
- Ability to learn operatively and in the process of working on specific aspects of financial and administrative management of EU-funded projects;
- Knowledge of national, regional and local media sources.
The Project Assistant must regard all information, discussions, documents and reports that arise from this project as confidential. Only the EU Delegation, EU Commission and the Chișinău City Hall shall have the right to make public the details of this assignment.
Interested candidates are welcome to submit their CVs and motivation letters and to participate in the contest via https://achizitii.md/ro/public/tender/21038195/.
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited for a further interview.
Please send all inquiries to Mrs. Diana Guritenco, Head of the Foreign Relations Department, Chisinau City Hall: email@example.com, Phone/Fax: +373 22 229 140, Phone: +373 22 201 544.