Description of the assignment: National Consultant on Media and Communication
Project name: EU4Moldova: Focal Regions Programme (EU-funded)
Period of assignment/services: March 2021 – March 2022, estimated workload: up to 90 working days
The EU4Moldova: focal regions Programme (further Programme) is based on the European Commission Implementing Decision on the Annual Action Programme 2018 in favour of the Republic of Moldova and is funded by the European Union and implemented by the United Nations Development Programme and United Nations Children's Fund.
The overall objective of the five-year Programme is to strengthen the economic, territorial and social cohesion in the Republic of Moldova through smart, green, inclusive, sustainable and integrated socio-economic development as well as improving the standards of living of the citizens in the focal regions: Cahul and Ungheni.
Scope of work
The overall objective of this assignment for the Media & Communications Consultant (hereinafter Consultant) to assist the EU4Moldova Focal Regions Programme (hereinafter the Programme) in the implementation of the Communications Plan, drafting and editing programme external outreach materials (success stories, press releases, content for the upgraded www.eu4cahul.md and www.eu4ungheni.md, etc.), and media events organisation.
Requirements for experience
- University degree in communications, journalism or other related field.
Years of experience:
- Minimum 5 years of demonstrated experience in working with mass media, experience in communications, social media or related relevant fields;
- Proven experience in developing press releases and success stories (please present a portfolio of news, success stories, press releases, reportages, publications, other relevant communications materials developed within the last 5 years);
- Experience in web content development and maintenance are an advantage;
- Experience in event organization will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in similar assignments with UN agencies and/or international organizations, and/or EU-funded projects/programmes are an advantage.
- Knowledge and skills of handling MS Office and web-based platforms;
- Excellent command of Romanian. Working knowledge of English and Russian will be considered an asset.
Personal Qualities and other requirements:
- Excellent written communication skills, ability to present information logically, clearly and concisely;
- Effective communication skills, ability to think creatively to develop and implement innovative solutions in a challenging environment;
- Proven ability to manage diverse and complex tasks required. Ability to achieve results and meet strict deadlines in an effective manner, maintaining a high-quality standard throughout;
- Excellent organizational, inter-personal skills;
- Proven commitment to the core values of the United Nations respecting differences of culture, gender, religion, ethnicity, nationality, language, age, HIV status, disability, and sexual orientation, or other status.
The United Nations Development Programme in Moldova is committed to workforce diversity. Women and men, persons with different types of disabilities, LGBT, Roma and other ethnic, linguistic or religious minorities, persons living with HIV, as well as refugees and other non‐citizens legally entitled to work in the Republic of Moldova, are particularly encouraged to apply.
Documents to be included
Interested individual consultants must submit the following documents/information to demonstrate their qualifications:
- Portfolio of news, success stories, press releases, reportages, publications, other relevant communications materials developed within the last 5 years (see the template of Candidate’s Annex 1);
- Personal CV including past experience with tasks required by this assignment;
- Financial proposal incorporated in the Offeror’s Letter to UNDP confirming interest and availability for the Individual Contractor assignment (template attached to announcement). The financial proposal must be reflected in USD, specifying daily fee and total lump sum amount multiplied with the number of anticipated working days (indicated in ToR).
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The financial proposal shall specify a total lump sum amount. The payment for services will be made post factum on a lump-sum deliverables basis, as per contract, after the work has been accepted by the Programme Manager. In order to assist the requesting unit in the comparison of offers, the financial proposal will include a breakdown of this lump sum amount (including fee per day, mobile phone costs, number of anticipated working days, etc.).
Requests for clarification only must be sent by standard electronic communication to the following e-mail: [email protected] UNDP will respond by standard electronic mail and will send written copies of the response, including an explanation of the query without identifying the source of inquiry, to all applicants.
Proposals should be submitted online by pressing "Apply Now": https://sc.undp.md/jobdetails/2174