QSI International School of Chisinau is looking for a qualified One-on-One Special Education Paraprofessional with Russian skills for part time job every day (Mon-Fri) classes from 12:30PM until 4:30PM. (Temporary contract: 1 February – 18 June 2021)
The job of One-on-One Special Education Paraprofessional is done for the purpose/s of providing support to the instructional program with specific responsibility for assisting in the supervision, care, and instruction of students with special needs in the general education setting or in a self-contained classroom; assisting in implementing plans for instruction; monitoring student behavior; and providing information to appropriate school personnel.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- University degree in Psychology/Pedagogy is mandatory;
- Excellent teaching and communication skills;
- Experience working with foreign students is an advantage;
- Strong English is a must, fluent in Russian;
- Experience working in special education and/or with individuals with autism/severe behavioral
and academic issues strongly preferred;
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Word/Excel, email;
- At least 1 year of related experience;
- Ability to work effectively and professionally with colleagues and members of the academic community;
- Police background check is mandatory.
- Collaborate with the Lead Teacher in the planning and management of a non-categorical self-contained/inclusion classroom;
- Implement prescribed behavioral strategies and positive behavior support;
- Support the student academically with homework;
- Teach Russian class to English native student according to QSI curriculum using mastery learning;
- Maintain safety of students and act as positive role model;
- De-escalate student and use counseling skills;
- Contribute to school community life;
- Other responsibilities as needed by school.
Interested applicants should submit CV and cover letter in English at email@example.com by January 31, 2021. Early applications will be given priority.