The Farmer-to-Farmer (F2F) is a USAID-funded program implemented by CNFA in Moldova. The goal of the F2F project is to generate rapid economic growth in the agricultural sector. As part of project activities, the F2F Project is looking for an expert or a team of experts who have the capability and experience to deliver the service of sound organizational capacity assessment for two organizations working within the organic agriculture value chain of Moldova.
Specific services include the following: Conduct the Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA) for two organizations working within the organic value chain of Moldova. Submit a report for each beneficiary organization, containing clear and actionable recommendations, to be used in further capacity development activities. One organization is an NGO, and one is an LLC. It is expected that the consultant(s) use the USAID guidelines and templates for the assessment (e.g. Organizational Capacity Assessment (OCA): Non-Facilitator’s Guide Version With NUPAS Items, Revised: July 27, 2015, available at https://usaidlearninglab.org/library/organizational-capacity-assessment)
The following are the anticipated deliverables for this assignment. CNFA reserves the right to revise deliverables at its discretion during negotiations with the successful consultant(s).
- Meeting notes of the intro meeting(s), containing the agreed focus areas, agreed timelines and a summary of the conducted desk research, together with an assessment of the level of effort (LoE) per each beneficiary.
- First Draft of the OCAs per each beneficiary
- Final Draft of the OCA per each beneficiary
Expected period of performance: December 1, 2020 – February 28, 2021
Qualification requirements include:
- Demonstrated knowledge of the OCA process;
- Previous experience in developing OCAs for Moldovan organizations;
- Strong understanding of the Moldovan NGO and business sectors;
- An understanding of the Moldovan organic agricultural sector will present an advantage;
- University degree in Economics or Business Management;
- Excellent command of English and Romanian;
- Strong writing and oral communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
The Organizational Capacity Building Expert responsibilities will include:
- Conduct the introductory meeting/workshop with the organization.
- Conduct the necessary desk research/review of the current organizational capacity.
- Conduct the necessary interviews with the assessed organizations, and request the relevant information to be provided for a proper analysis.
- Compile a report per each organization, which will include the summary of the assessment, present the detailed scoring used, and describe the recommendations for each objective, and conclusion. A classification of recommendations at minimum by the degree of priority, time required for completion (i.e., short-, medium, or long-term), and by level of resources needed is required (to be presented by the consultants). The reports will be presented in English.
To apply, candidates must submit the following (incomplete applications will be discarded):
- Cover letter;
- CV presenting relevant experience for the specific assignment;
- List of minimum three references for which the consultant has performed similar services (Name of the organization, name of point of contact/supervisor and their contract information, specific relevant service performed, year of performed service).
The application package will be sent by email, in MS Word or PDF format before November 15, 23:59, to firstname.lastname@example.org
No phone calls, please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CNFA (Cultivating New Frontiers in Agriculture) is a USAID-funded organization supporting agribusiness economic development in transitional countries.