i-Portunus Houses is open to host organisations or established individual artists/cultural professionals to team up with 2 to 5 artists and/or cultural professionals, legally residing in different Creative Europe countries + UK, with the intention to work together on one or more collaboration projects. The scheme is open for all cultural sectors (except audio-visual disciplines that would fit the Creative Europe MEDIA sub-programme).
This scheme puts focus on hosts underlining their value in providing efficient and ‘safe’ residencies & working environments for artists/cultural professionals. i-Portunus Houses provides financial support to the host for sub-granting the cost of mobility (transport, accommodation etc.) to their receiving artists/cultural professionals (team members). Hosts can apply for one collaboration project with up to 5 artists/cultural professionals or up to 5 collaboration projects engaging a minimum of 1 artist/cultural professional per collaboration project. Hosts have to receive a minimum of 2 artist/cultural professionals in total.
The main objective of your collaboration project has to be one of the following:
- Create: (co-)creation of artistic work, production, performance
- Connect: networking, internationalisation
- Learn: increase competences, professional development
- Explore: research, future collaborations/projects
Within this scheme hosts can apply for collaboration projects consisting of physical mobility or of a mix of physical mobility and virtual participation (so called blended mobility). Hosts cannot apply for virtual participation only! In total, i-Portunus Houses will invest a maximum of 30% of the mobility budget (500,000 euros) into virtual participation.
The conditions of funding are the following:
- As the main applicant, the host receives the complete grant for all collaboration projects and submitted team members.
- Of the total amount, only 10% can be claimed by the host itself.
- The rest of the awarded grant needs to be sub-granted according to the type of mobilities requested in the application.
- There are different amounts to be requested for physical mobilities or virtual participation (with the virtual participation only as part of a blended mobility) .
- For physical mobilities, team members receive a minimum of 1500 EUR to complete a mobility of minimum 7 days (including travel). For each extra day of mobility, another 30 EUR will be awarded to the sub-grant, with a maximum of 3000 EUR for each team member.
- For physical mobilities, the host can claim for itself a maximum of 10% on top of the total of the sub-grants requested in the proposal as provision costs.
- Each team member can be sub-granted a maximum of 3000 EUR in total.
- Support for virtual participation can only be rewarded in combination with a collaboration project including physical mobility.
- A sub-grant for virtual participation will only be granted to a non-travelling team member of a group, and only once.
- Each host can claim a maximum of 1 hosting fee in total, once virtual participation becomes part of their collaboration project.
- There are different amounts to sub-grant for virtual participation, depending on the focus of the collaboration projects as submitted in the proposal.
Submission Deadline: 3 October 2021 (24:00 CEST)