“COVID-19: Civil Society Resilience and Sustainability” is a regional project run by IREX Europe (doing business as Equal Rights and Independent Media (ERIM)) and funded by the European Union. The project aims to support Civil Society Organisations (CSOs), independent activists and independent media to continue their work throughout and after the COVID-19 pandemic.
ERIM launches a Call for applications aiming to strengthen the governance and management of CSOs by helping them to be more effective institutions within their community by meeting basic organizational needs. The grants will cover expenses to help organizations reach a specific operational goal.
Number of Grants: up to 7
Maximum Grant Size: up to EUR 15,000
Project Duration: The minimum duration of a project is five months, and the maximum duration is 12 months
Our activities are aimed at CSOs who have been affected by the COVID-19 pandemic, lack the resources necessary to continue their work effectively and have the potential to build on the grant and become sustainable.
Eligible beneficiaries are:
- Officially registered CSOs
- Social enterprises
These grants may be used for specific capacity building activities that include, but are not limited to:
- Organisational assessment to establish CSO’s stage of institutional development and identify steps needed for organizational improvement or growth;
- Training courses and focused technical assistance based on organizational needs in areas such as, but not limited to, board development and governance, public relations, strategic planning, financial management, volunteer systems, advocacy and communication, IT and digital security etc.;
- Consultancy and mentorship in improving polices/planning documents, strategies, structures, and processes: strategic plans, professional development plans, communications strategies, COVID-19 response plans, business planning, fundraising strategies;
- Monitor and evaluate the progress of a CSO’s organizational development.