GIZ is looking for a Financial and Administrative Specialist for its regional project “Strengthening sustainable and digital trade routes and logistics concepts between Eastern Partnership countries and with the EU” (02/2024 – 01/2026), financed by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). The new GIZ project aims to improve cooperation between stakeholders responsible for sustainable & digital trade routes and logistics concepts in the countries of the EaP and with the EU.
This position is expected to start on 01.04.2024 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau, with the requirement of business trips (approx. 1-2 / p.a.) to the countries of the Eastern Partnership and/or the European Union.
The primary role of the Financial and Administrative Specialist is the implementation and monitoring of financial and administrative processes for the regional project.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Ensuring that financial administration functions are in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and rules, and Moldovan legislation in force,
- Effectively coordinating activities with finance team at GIZ Country Office and within the regional project offices (Ukraine, Georgia, Azerbaijan, Armenia),
- Processing and managing all financing/cashflow related procedures,
- Organising for and monitoring correct implementation of financing instruments and procurements of services and goods,
- Providing financial information to project management by preparing budget and financial forecasts for the regional project,
- Cash management of the project according to GIZ rules, in case required,
- Processing and managing all bank related procedures,
- Ensuring the effective implementation of internal control and external audit procedures.
- Supporting the project staff in organizing and conducting project activities and events;
- Ensuring that Admin-related tasks and information flows between team members are carried out in a smooth and effective way;
- Keeping the overall project planning up-to-date, as well as the administration of project office running costs;
- Supporting project staff in the administration of necessary preparing project related contracts;
- Ensuring timely communication / exchange of information with GIZ Country Offices in the Eastern Partnership countries;
- Providing verbal and written translation of project documents and meetings;
- Keeping the filing documents for all documents entrusted, both in paper and digital formats;
- Support the project manager in document management of the project commission folders (DMS and paper);
- Resolving problems that arise in his/her area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules and draw attention to more complex challenges;
- Clearly communicating the relevant requirements, conditions and restrictions in terms of his/her capacity to act;
- Other admin related task upon request of the head of project.
- BA and/or master’s degree in economics, Business Administration, Accounting or related field
- 5 years of professional work experience, involving administrative and financial management, contract processing
- Work experience with GIZ projects or international development organizations is preferred
- Work experience / computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Accounting systems)
- Ability to work under high pressure to meet deadlines
- Ability to work autonomously and show own initiative
- Be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required
- Strong attention to detail and confidentiality with strict adherence to international and national norms regarding data protection
- Excellent English and Romanian writing and speaking (C1-level) skills
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 23 of February 2024, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Terre des hommes is hiring a Child Protection Specialist
- Invest Moldova - Specialist Principal în Direcția Promovare Imagine de țară
- Project Manager, A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale", Full-time (40h/week)
- Extended Deadline: UNFPA Communication Manager on PD, Chisinau, Moldova, Service Contract (SB4.3)
- Termen extins. Expert în Evaluarea Strategiei CONTACT
- Russian and Romanian Language and Technical Instructor - Peace Corps Moldova
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Financial Analyst Position - CILC Haga Sucursala din Republica Moldova
- Project Associate (NPSA-6) - UNDP Moldova/Enhancing human security in Moldova through agri-food resilience to intensifying external and climate shocks - 16127
- Driver (G2) Roster Call - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Chisinau