GIZ is looking for a Junior Financial Specialist within its Country Office in the Republic of Moldova. This position is expected to start on 01 February 2024 for a 12-month period, with the possibility of extension. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The primary role of the Junior Financial Specialist is to support the Finance Team, as well as overall Office team with the implementation of financial and administrative processes.
The core tasks covered by this position are as follows:
- ensuring that financial administration functions are in accordance with GIZ standard procedures and rules, and local legislation in force;
- effectively coordinating activities with finance team of the GIZ Country Office;
- supporting with financial planning, monitoring and accounting of GIZ projects;
- organising for and monitoring correct implementation of financing instruments;
- ensuring the effective implementation of internal control and external audit procedures;
- keeping the filing for all documents entrusted, both in paper and digital formats;
- solving problems that arise in his/her area of responsibility on the basis of existing rules;
- performing general administrative financial functions.
Main activities to be carried out under this position are:
Finances and Accounting
- supporting with accounting tasks using WINPACCS software and preparing month-end closings of accounts of the GIZ projects;
- receiving and organizing payments, ensuring that all receipts, invoices, etc. are duly prepared and contain all information required as per GIZ rules; performing invoice check according to GIZ internal procedures;
- ensuring correct processing and monitoring of bank payments, posting payments in the Winpaccs software, completing daily batches and balances verification;
- ensuring the availability of enough funds for planned payment transactions;
- organising for and monitoring the implementation of financing instruments (Financing Agreements, Local Subsidies), namely with the verification of monthly, intermediate and final reports submitted by the project partner institutions;
- supporting the finance team in preparing financial reports and documents required in the course of project implementation;
- supporting GIZ staff on financial/administrative procedures and monitoring its observance;
- performing other financial duties and tasks related to the position at the request of management.
- supporting the finance team in performing the check of vouchers and receipts submitted by the projects for completeness, correctness and allocation to cost units and categories, verifying the deliverables for contract related invoices;
- supporting projects and Country Office during the external audits and providing necessary documentation and information for their successful implementation;
- supporting the office team in carrying out internal controls of projects in accordance with GIZ rules.
- providing support in updating the project financial information on the governmental Aid Management Platform;
- filing the financial documentation in accordance with GIZ rules;
- performing other work-related duties and tasks at the request of the Superiors.
Required qualifications, experience and knowledge:
- BA and/or Master degree in Economics, Business Administration or related field.
- 3-5 years general work experience involving financial and administrative management and contract/financing processing;
- a minimum of 3 years’ experience in payments processing, internet banking;
- previous experience with similar international organizations and accounting systems would be an advantage.
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative in accordance to the existing rules and procedures;
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- strong accuracy and attention to detail, with ability to work accurately under pressure and against deadlines;
- excellent planner and implementer, with ability to analyze data and make conclusions and recommendations;
- able to manage own workload, set own objectives and priorities, plan actions and monitor progress;
- Fluent written and spoken English and Romanian; Russian or German would be an asset;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- knowledge of accounting software (1C); knowledge of SAP and/or Winpaccs would be an asset;
- confidential handling of financial information;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references and motivation letter shall be sent not later than 15 January 2024, time 15:00 to the address email@example.com.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Senior Interpreter/Political Assistant (G6) - OSCE Mission to Moldova, Tiraspol
- Grants and Procurement Specialist / Chemonics International Inc
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist coordonator, pe durată determinată, Direcția deservirea operațiunilor
- Termen extins - pentru selectarea unui expert/ unei experte sau a unei agenții pentru realizarea Entry și Exit Survey într-un proiect din domeniul prevenirii violenței și asistență incluzivă pentru femeile în etate
- Project Associate (Roster NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova Projects - 16276
- Centrul CONTACT angajează expert/expertă sau grup de experți în evaluarea finală a capacității în prestarea serviciilor incluzive pentru grupurile vulnerabile
- Centrul de Drept al Femeilor anunță concurs de selectare a unei companii de audit care va efectua auditul financiar general al organizației
- Internews in Moldova is hiring Finance Specialist
- Project Manager (NPSA-10) - Advancing Quality Education and Lifelong Learning Opportunities for All Project (EU-funded)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de inginer principal responsabil de suport și calitate TIC