All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity, and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
1. Role and responsibilities
The purpose of the Shelter Coordinator position is to implement delegated Shelter project portfolio. The following is a brief description of the role:
1. Line management for project staff.
2. Ensure adherence with NRC policies, tools, handbooks, and guidelines as well as Government rules and
3. Contribute to Shelter/WASH strategy development, concept notes, project proposals, budgets and provide
input on needs and gaps.
4. Manage and implement delegated portfolio of Shelter/WASH projects (activities, budget, plan of action,
and project documentation) as delegated from the Project Manager in line with proposals, objectives,
strategies, and donor requirements while ensuring high technical quality.
5. Provide regular progress reports to the Shelter/WASH Project Manager (Area Program Manager / Area
Manager and Shelter/WASH Specialist if no PM) and input into donor reports as requested.
6. Assist PM in the development of data management tools and Standard Operating Procedures and ensure
proper filing of documents in both hard and soft copies.
7. Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need of protection, explore and assess ways to assist.
8. Promote and share ideas for technical improvement in relation to both the “hard” and “soft” components
of Shelter/WASH programming.
9. Actively participate in capacity building trainings, workshops and seminars organized by NRC.
10. Assist PM in the development of workplans for Shelter/WASH project activities and ensure that workplans
are adhered to throughout implementation.
11. Promote the rights of refugees/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy; Ensure that gender and
protection mainstreaming are carried out at the field level by all shelter staff.
12. Collaborate with teams from other Core Competencies to ensure that project participants are provided
with the full packages of services available through NRC’s programming according to the project
participants specific and self-identified needs.
1. Supervise the Shelter/WASH project implementation team and undertake performance management
2. Assist with the development of needs assessments, data collection, project selection criteria and
3. Assist with the development of community messaging and oversee the planning of community outreach.
4. Responsible for developing training materials for Shelter team and partners as required.
5. Oversee the technical rehabilitation works, undertake monitoring works, and ensure all documentation is
compliant to project standards.
6. Assist with the development of the Technical Tender Documentation and coordinate the tender process
7. Assist with the development of Scope of Works (SoW), Bill of Quantities (BoQ), Standard Operating
Procedures (SoP) and technical project standards.
8. Support PM with monitoring the budget expenditure and report deviations.
9. Ensure referrals and complaints from project participants are directed to the relevant referral pathways.
10. Liaise and collaborate with relevant local authorities, local and international NGOs/Agencies and other
key stakeholders at community and area level.
11. Plan and supervise distribution activities and ensure NRC Standard Operating procedures are adhered to
during distributions. Coordinate with Logistics, Finance, Security and HR as required to ensure that
distributions are carried out on time and according to plan.
12. Any other task relevant to the position as requested by the Project Manager (APM and Shelter/WASH
Specialist if no PM).2. Competencies
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organization to deliver desired results. They are
relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
1. Professional competencies:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
• Experience from working in complex and volatile contexts.
• Project management experience, including management of staff, and team building/motivation.
• University graduate in engineering, architecture, project management, or related subject.
• Experience in financial, asset and human resources management, budgeting, and administration.
• Experience in planning, design, coordination, and implementation of construction projects.
• Experience in successfully managing project or construction teams.
• Experience in monitoring and documenting project implementation.
• Proven skills in developing BoQs, SoW, and technical material specification.
• Ability to prioritize needs and carry out multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Strong communication, interpersonal, analytical and negotiation skills.
• Strong computer skills, especially in Word and Excel. Knowledge of Microsoft Project and CAD is a plus.
• Fluency in English and Romanian, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of Ukrainian or/and Russian is considered an asset.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge, and experience:
• Knowledge of the context in Republic of Moldova or Ukraine is preferred but not mandatory.
• Previous experience working for humanitarian organizations, specifically in a Shelter or WASH
Salary: 42634 mdl brut
Kindly note that empty or incomplete applications as well as CVs received via email will not be considered official and will not be processed.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Austrian Development Agency (ADA) is hiring GCF Expert
- Project Associate - Accelerating Digital Transformation in Public Sector in the Republic of Moldova
- Coaliția Est-Europeană pentru Egalitatea LGBT+ angajează Contabil
- Driver (GS3) - OHCHR Moldova
- USAID Moldova Job Vacancy: Supervisory Administrative Management Specialist
- Procurement and Operations Coordinator for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA)
- Driver/Clerk (Sofer) - UNDP Moldova/Green Transition Project
- International Rescue Committee (IRC): Grants/Partnership Manager
- Programme Associate (GS7) - UNDP Country Office Moldova