The Joint project of the European Union and the Council of Europe Project Support to the justice reform in the Republic of Moldova is hiring a Project Assistant. The Project will work towards achieving the following expected results.1: The Justice Sector Reform Strategy is further implemented, and the legal framework is more in line with European standards and commitments. 2. The judicial and prosecutorial self-governing bodies exercise their competences to select, appoint, promote, transfer, suspend and remove judges and prosecutors in an effective, objective and transparent manner in line with European standards. 3. The National Institute of Justice provides enhanced judicial training for judges and prosecutors through improved curricula and improved internal processes allowing for a more transparent and impartial selection of new judges and prosecutors and for better training capacities, in line with the 2022 TAIEX recommendations. 4. Constitutional justice is enhanced through increased legal capacities of members and staff of the Constitutional court and increased accessibility of Constitutional Court rulings via a new database.
The Project will build on the Council of Europe standards, the jurisprudence of the European Court of Human Rights and promising practices developed in other Council of Europe member States.
As a Project Assistant you will:
- assist in the day-to-day implementation, preparation, organisation and follow-up of the project’s activities, completing all necessary arrangements in advance and in a timely manner;
- ensure the administrative and financial assistance and the organisational support for the project’s implementation;
- carry out the practical and logistical organisation of meetings, official journeys and other events;
- follow up on all administrative files and financial arrangements related to these events;
- organise travel, visa and accommodation in accordance with the project’s needs; deal with the reimbursement of travel and subsistence expenses;
- prepare and process purchase orders for a variety of contractual and administrative arrangements;
- prepare and process and draft correspondence, memos, documents, presentations and assist in preparing reports;
- proofread and correct linguistic and grammatical errors within texts and documents; translate documents and texts related to project activities from/to English; check translations; organise the production, distribution and publication of documents in print version or online;
- receive, review and dispatch incoming correspondence, e-mails etc.;
- ensure the circulation of pertinent information and documents within the Office;
- record, maintain and update a variety of data (files, documents, statistics, data bases, web sites, information and documentation tools etc.);
- work in close contact with other internal and/or external counterparts to ensure the co-ordination of project activities;
- report to the supervisor on activities in progress and informs of any problems encountered;
- contribute to the efficient functioning of the Office, in collaboration with the Head of Office, the Deputy Head of Office and project management;
- carry out other tasks as may be required connected to the project implementation;
- promote Council of Europe values internally and externally.
What we are looking for
As a minimum, you must:
- hold a completed full course of general secondary education, followed by a post-secondary qualification corresponding to a minimum of two years’ studies;
- have a minimum of two years of relevant professional experience relating to administrative tasks (in public or private spheres) or project implementation support duties or similar;
- have an excellent knowledge of Romanian (mother tongue level) and a very good knowledge of one of the two Council of Europe’s official languages (English or French);
- be a citizen of the host country or one of the 46 member States of the Council of Europe and fulfil the conditions for appointment to the civil service of that state;
- have discharged any obligation concerning national service (military, civil or comparable);
- not be the parent, child, stepchild or grandchild of a serving staff member of the Council of Europe;
- be under the age of 65 years.
Demonstrate to us that you have the following competencies:
4 Professional and technical expertise:
- Proven practical knowledge and experience of administrative duties;
- General knowledge and understanding of the activities of the Council of Europe;
- General knowledge and understanding of international co-operation activities;
- ICT skills: sound computer skills and experience using standard tools in office applications (word processing, presentation software, outlook, spreadsheet, databases, internet publications);
- Planning and work organisation;
- Analysis and problem solving;
- Concern for quality;
- Service orientation;
- Teamwork and co-operation;
What we offer
If successful, you may be offered employment based on temporary contracts at grade B2. You will receive a basic monthly gross salary of € 1070,25 which is exempt from national income tax. This salary may be supplemented by other allowances depending on your personal situation. You will be affiliated to a pension scheme and social and medical insurance. You will also benefit from 32 working days leave per year and other advantages (including flexible working hours, training and development, possibility of teleworking, etc.).
This recruitment procedure is carried out in accordance with Rule No. 1234 of 15 December 2005 laying down the conditions of recruitment and employment of locally recruited temporary staff members working in Council of Europe Duty Stations located outside of France.
If your profile matches our needs and you are not recruited straight away, you may be placed on a list of eligible candidates.
Applications and selection procedure
Deadline for applications is 02 November 2023 (midnight Paris time). You can apply in English or French using the Council of Europe online application system on: www.coe.int/jobs. Please fill out the form providing all requested details and explain how your competencies make you the best candidate for this role. It usually takes a few hours to fill it in, so please take this information into consideration while applying.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/Law Enforcement Projects Implementing Unit
- HelpAge International angajează Ofițer Finanțe
- Shelter and WASH Coordinator Moldova Chisinau
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal responsabil de raportarea financiară
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert coordonator responsabil de reglementarea evidenței contabile în BNM
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert/ă principal/ă responsabil/ă de supraveghere TIC și securitatea informației
- Smm manager / copywritter
- NRC Moldova is looking for a Shelter and WASH Technical Officer in Ocnita
- Concordia Social Projects is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified international MEAL consultant