The German Development Cooperation (GIZ) is looking for a Project Manager to join the “Promoting Green Deal Readiness in the Eastern Partnership Countries” (PROGRESS) project team. This project is financed by the German Federal Ministry for the Environment, Nature Conservation, Nuclear Safety and Consumer Protection (BMUV). As from February 2024, PROGRESS will include a multi-donor action jointly co-funded by the European Union and BMUV on Decarbonisation and Climate Resilience.
This position is planned to start on 1 January 2024 and last until 30 April 2028. The permanent workplace for this position is in Chisinau.
The overall responsibilities covered by this position are as follows:
- Strategically managing the activities of PROGRESS and in accordance with the commission and in close coordination with the Programme Director;
- Coordination as well as thematic and disciplinary supervision of the Moldovan Project Team;
- Cooperation with the respective PROGRESS consortium partners, i.e. with the OECD, the Institute for Economics and Forecasting, the Regional Environmental Centre for the Caucasus and the European Business Association (EBA) as well as local partners for topics that are under the thematic responsibility of the Project Manager;
- Act as a Focal Point for the European Business Association;
- Supervising local and international experts and/or service providers that provide consultancy services for topics that are under the thematic responsibility of the Project Manager;
- Cooperating with important stakeholders and representing PROGRESS externally.
- BA and/or master’s degree in political or social sciences, environmental studies, business or other related field;
- at least 5 years general work experience in a coordinating and supervising role;
- previous experience with GIZ and co-financing organisations, such as Delegation of European Union or other development partners would be an advantage;
- be able to work autonomously and on own initiative while reporting regularly to the Programme Director and, upon request, the EU Component Head;
- knowledge of existing climate change policy and green finance in Moldova;
- familiarity with Moldova’s EU accession and association process;
- be a team player, supportive of colleagues and able to ask for support when required;
- be able to work to deadlines, under stress;
- excellent diplomatic skills and ability to work with people from different backgrounds;
- excellent planner and implementer, capable of withstanding pressure and meeting tight deadlines;
- business fluency in English and Romanian; knowledge of Russian and/or German is an asset;
- excellent computer skills (MS Office, Outlook, Internet and other);
- confidential handling of information;
- willing and able to travel inside and outside the country when needed;
- Moldovan citizenship or holding permanent resident status in Moldova.
Applications, including detailed CV, references, and motivation letter (in English) shall be sent not later than 7 November 2023, time 15:00 to the address firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please mention the position name in the title of your application message. Only shortlisted candidates will be asked for an interview. The finalist will be offered a fixed-term employment contract based on a 40-hour weekly work programme and concluded in line with the national labour legislation.
Please note that applications received after the deadline will not be considered. GIZ retains the discretion to re-advertise the position, to cancel the recruitment or offer an appointment at a lower grade or with a modified job description.
GIZ is committed to employment equity in the workplace and encourages qualified candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de director-adjunct al Departamentului Supraveghere Bancară
- Project & PSS Officer for an international NGO
- UNFPA Communication Manager on PD, Chisinau, Moldova, Service Contract (SB4.3)
- Instituția Publică Organizația pentru Dezvoltarea Antreprenoriatului anunță concurs pentru funcția de specialist principal, Secția formare antreprenorială
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de jurisconsult principal al Direcției consolidarea supravegherii financiare
- Organizația HelpAge International contractează un formator/ o formatoare / o echipă de formatori sau o companie ce va presta servicii de instruire și consultanță privind dezvoltarea activităților generatoare de venituri pentru persoanele în etate
- Organizația HelpAge International selectează un formator/ o formatoare sau o echipă de formatori ce va presta servicii de instruire în domeniul voluntariatului și mobilizării comunitare
- USAID/Moldova Vacancy Announcement - Project Management Assistant (Design and Strategy)
- OSCE Mission in Moldova is hiring a Transport Assistant (G4) (Short-Term Assignment)