IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Comunitatea Mea (CM) is a program funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and administered by IREX. The program’s purpose over the course of the eight years is to improve the capacity of local authorities, including their ability to work inclusively with citizens and civil society, to increase revenues, improve financial management practices, build stronger checks and balances between the central and local governments, and facilitating public-private partnerships and inter-municipal cooperation.
The Program Associate position will be under the guidance and direct supervision of the Communications Officer and CM program management. The Program Associate ensures effective and efficient functioning of the program offices, full confidentiality in all aspects of the assignment, maintenance of protocols and procedures, management of the flow of information and follow-up on deadlines and commitments.
Your Background and Skills
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Attention to detail and excellent organizational skills.
- Proficiency (both oral and written) in English, Romanian and Russian languages.
- Professional experience performing oral translations preferred.
- Ability to work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Energetic and optimistic approach to challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills and proactive problem solving skills.
- Strong computer skills (MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint and quick typing).
- Must demonstrate valid proof of unrestricted work authorization in Moldova.
Your Daily Tasks
- Participate in planning and organization of senior staff/program meetings and/or special meetings.
- Prepare agendas, taking notes, and distributing them to CM team members.
- Coordinate the schedules and calendars for management, and provide all related logistical arrangements.
- Contact with high-ranking visitors, arrange appointments and meetings; arrange the conference room with all necessary items for meetings at the CM office.
- Provide excellent written and oral translations from and to English, Romanian and Russian.
- Deliver administrative and logistical support in organizing program events.
- Coordinate logistics of the beneficiaries’ capacity assessment activity (FOCAS) by scheduling work sessions for selected beneficiaries, including effort tracking, logistical arrangements, and document management, to ensure the activity's timely implementation and reflection in the program’s CRM system (short-term recurring effort).
- Screen incoming calls and correspondences.
- Collaborate with Operations department.
- Support communications among the CM team, following up with staff and support them on programmatic related issues and activities.
- Draft correspondence on behalf of program management for signature and follow-up when required.
- Draft and mail letters, invitations and other formal correspondence to program beneficiaries and partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
We conduct background checks on all successful candidates.
This position is eligible for Telework. The eligible employee is regular, full-time Moldova-based staff who works from a worksite outside the Moldova office for one or more days a week.
This position is not eligible for Immigration Sponsorship.
Application deadline: August 29, 2023, 6:00 PM (Republic of Moldova time)
Alte anunturi de angajare
- National Budget and Finance Consultant
- Project Procurement Assistant (NPSA-5) -UNDP Moldova/EU4Moldova: focal Programme
- Procurement Associate - UNDP Moldova/Japanese Project
- Asociația Obștească „The Moldova Project” (TMP) - concurs de angajare pentru funcția de specialist atragere de fonduri (fundraiser)
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de consilier/ă juridic/ă, Direcția generală asistență juridică
- GIZ - Administrative Assistant
- Termen extins: HelpAge International angajează Coordonator de Proiect
- HR & Admin Officer in MdM
- UNFPA Communication Manager Youth Programmes, Chisinau, Moldova (Service Contract, SB4.3)
- Peace Corps: Small Grants Assistant