Management Systems International is hiring for Grants Manager
Grants Manager, USAID/OTI Moldova Program, Chișinău
Management Systems International (MSI), a Tetra Tech Company, is a Washington, D.C. metro area management consultancy with a 40-year history of delivering results for our clients. Our expertise is in the fields of monitoring and evaluation; democracy and governance; peace and stability; rule of law and accountability; education; gender and inclusion; strategic communications; and leadership and organizational development. MSI has implemented projects in 90 countries around the world such as Colombia, Indonesia, Jordan, Kenya, Mexico, Nigeria, Pakistan, Syria and Ukraine, and works domestically. We support clients ranging from the U.S. Government (e.g., the U.S. Agency for International Development, U.S. Department of Defense, U.S. Departments of State and Labor, and the Millennium Challenge Corporation) to large bilateral and multilateral donors (e.g., the World Bank and the United Nations Development Program). We also work with national and local governments, nongovernmental organizations (NGOs), think tanks, foundations and universities. For more information, please visit our website at www.msiworldwide.com.
Working in close coordination with USAID’s Office of Transition Initiatives (OTI), MSI will establish and manage a flexible, quick-response mechanism supporting activities that will advance democracy and stability in Moldova. USAID/OTI and MSI will work with a coalition of civic, media, and government stakeholders in support of program goals. The program will operate primarily through a small grants mechanism and will rely on ongoing analysis of the local context to inform programming.
**Please note: Only Moldovan citizens are eligible for this position**
The Grants Manager (GM) is primarily responsible for overseeing all grants management functions of the program; including grantee eligibility checks, developing and tracking activity budgets, drafting grant agreements, negotiation memos, and modifications, drafting consulting agreements for consultants under activities, and maintaining all program related files. The GM maintains regular communication with the grantees and conducts site visits ensuring that all deliverables are met. The position will work closely with each program team on monitoring and ensuring compliance with the grant implementation plan. The GM reports to the Deputy Chief of Party – Operations (DCOP). This is a long-term assignment.
- Ensure the proper preparation and execution of grant documents and grant disbursements, consistent and compliant with USAID and MSI requirements, procedures, and best practices. This will include ensuring that all grant making processes are perceived as transparent by beneficiary communities, assuring fair and transparent grant implementation processes; and ensuring that the entire process of each grant and other activities is documented in accordance with USAID regulations.
- Train, mentor, and supervise the daily work of up to three Grants Officers, ensuring both compliance with relevant rules and processes and timely completion of tasks in line with priorities set by Program Development Officers (PDOs) and the Senior Management Team (SMT).
- Ensure proper negotiation of the terms and conditions for Grants Under Contract (in-kind, fixed amount, and reimbursable) and review and analyze budget estimates (for cash or in-kind grants) for allocability, reasonableness and consistency.
- Develop and maintain transparent and professional relationships with local counterparts, beneficiaries, international organizations, and local and national authorities.
- Provide training and support to grantees to build their capacity to effectively implement grants in line with agreed upon implementation plans. Oversee Grants Officers’ weekly updates in grant implementation meetings and regular updating of the Activity Database.
- Track overall financial changes/needs of activities and support Grants Officers with budget modifications as necessary.
- Maintain accurate and timely program and grant documentation in electronic, hard copy and back-up copies, and work with Grants Officers to ensure that completed grants are closed in a timely manner according to deadlines.
- Provide the SMT with regular updates on overall grant implementation progress and identify ongoing areas for improvement and required training. Regularly deliver skills-based training and mentoring to Grants Officers.
- A bachelor’s degree in international affairs, economics, business administration, or related field required.
- Minimum five (5) years’ relevant experience in grants management and oversight required.
- Demonstrated financial and reporting skills, as well as excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Proven ability to train and/or deliver technical assistance in grants management to beneficiaries.
- Supervisory experience including team coaching and day to day oversight.
- Excellent communication skills as well as: a) proactive problem-solving abilities independently and with teams, b) a strong service orientation, and c) inter-personal skills, self-awareness and emotional intelligence.
- Ability to work effectively and harmoniously under pressure in a stressful environment and with colleagues from different cultural and professional backgrounds.
- Ability to travel to other activity implementation locations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication in English is required.
MSI is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity and inclusion. We strive to develop and maintain a culture that honors the perspectives and identities of our employees, our communities and those impacted by our work.
We do not discriminate on the basis of any protected attribute, including race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital or veteran status, pregnancy or disability, or any other basis protected under applicable law. In accordance with applicable law, we make reasonable accommodations for applicants’ and employees’ religious practices and beliefs, as well as any mental health or physical disability needs.
MSI is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action/Americans with Disabilities/Veterans Employer.
MSI is dedicated to hiring an inclusive workforce. If you would like to request reasonable accommodations during the application process, please visit Tetra Tech’s Disability Assistance Page. Our recruitment team looks forward to engaging in an interactive process to provide reasonable accommodations for candidates.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Angajare specialist Foto/Video
- CCF Moldova anunță concurs de angajare pentru poziția de Digital Content Strategist în cadrul departamentului de Comunicare și Fundraising
- Extended deadline: Laolaltă is recruiting Community Feedback Mechanism Assistant
- U.S. Embassy is hiring a temporary Consular Assistant
- Expert Reglementări și Achiziții de Energie
- Centrul de Informații GENDERDOC-M anunță concursul de angajare pentru funcția de Manager financiar
- Oficiul Avocatului Poporului anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției publice de execuție: Consultant superior (C 11), Direcția politici publice și legislație
- Laolalta angajează Manager Financiar
- AO ”Părinți Solidari” angajează expert/ expertă în acordarea suportului informațional părinților în domeniul anticorupției
- Extended deadline: Senior Project Officer