NDI/Moldova is announcing a job vacancy for Senior Program Assistant for its multi-year programs of democratization, focused on democratic participation of citizens, including women and youth, and development of political institutions (parties and elected officials).
As direct relevant experience is rare in the democratization field, NDI encourages aspiring candidates to acquire a basic understanding of democratization and political participation prior to applying. A keen interest in current public affairs is a prerequisite. Although the vacancy is for an entry-level programmatic role, there is a steep on-the-job learning curve and NDI will encourage successful candidates to aspire to a program officer position within a relatively short time-frame.
NDI welcomes all applicants, regardless of age, gender or any other criteria. NDI offers mission-driven programmatic experience in democratic development and a competitive compensation package, with additional employee benefits (i.e., private health insurance). Successful applicants must demonstrate relevant experience, proactive attitude and ability to learn continuously.
Please submit a recent CV and an original cover letter, in English, outlining your relevant experience, interest in democratic development and experience in program design, analysis and implementation.
The cover letter is an important part of the application package and must be an original written statement of motivation, experience and vision relevant to the advertised position. A demonstrated interest in democracy, civic and political participation - is of key relevance for the success of a candidate.
NDI prefers that CVs are written in a simple format, with a maximum of 2 pages, containing information and experience relevant to the job description. Please abstain from submitting a Europass CV and avoid sending a photo.
Application deadline: March 20, 2023. Early applications are welcome. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process.
Position title: Senior Program Assistant
Supervisor: The jobholder reports directly to the relevant Program Department Managers
Work format: Full-time, office work, in line with NDI Moldova guidelines. Occasional field travel is possible, both as a job requirement and as a development opportunity. The work may include occasional evening and weekend assignments. An average of 8 hours per day, 5 days a week, are expected for a full time position.
The National Democratic Institute in Moldova (NDI Moldova) seeks to hire a Senior Program Assistant with strong analytical, research, organizational, and interpersonal skills to join the programmatic team. The Senior Program Assistant will support the implementation of democratic development programs and activities in Moldova. The position offers professional growth opportunities, reliant on the previous experience and on-the-job performance of the successful candidate. A demonstrated interest in democratic development, citizen engagement, politics, and media, is of utmost importance.
- Proactively assist with the execution of programs and plans by performing programmatic and occasionally administrative assignments in accordance with established expectations and timelines; provide close oversight of all aspects of daily operations of the program, under the direction of the Program Managers;
- Maintain regular and efficient internal communication within the relevant program team;
- Provide programmatic assistance to Civic organizers, trainers or mentors, as needed; develop and maintain relationships and communication with local civic groups or other partners and beneficiaries, according to the needs of the specific department;
- Contribute to program design and implementation, with guidance from the Department Program Managers and program development team; provide assistance in the implementation of the relevant program, including training and the preparation of presentations;
- Support the program planning process and update activity plans and resources planning for the relevant program;
- Complete, with limited guidance, basic research and analysis assignments and provide summarized findings in a clear, concise and understandable manner, with objectives, relevant facts, data, and conclusions presented as required; support data analysis and data visualizations, under the direction of the Program Managers;
- Draft materials for dissemination to internal and external audiences, including donors and other key program partners, ensuring proper and accurate formatting, spelling, and grammar usage as well as inclusion of required content;
- Draft letters, program agendas and memos; proofread and edit program materials and documents for accuracy as needed;
- Serve as the point of contact for NDI partner organizations and vendors;
- Support the planning and organization of events and meetings with relevant partners and stakeholders and provide onsite support;
- Contribute substantially and timely to all NDI internal reporting needs, by drafting summaries, monthly reports, answering clarifying questions on all reports, providing illustrative examples and visuals, and other reporting tasks as assigned by Department and MEL Managers, Head of Programs, Country or Deputy Country Director.
- Participate in cross-functional initiatives as needed;
- Actively seek and engage in professional development opportunities to enhance knowledge in project/program management, and maintain a general working knowledge of relevant program trends and issues occurring external to NDI;
- Perform other duties as required;
- Adhere to NDI’s organizational values, standards of conduct, policies and processes, and any other established expectations for NDI employees, including those related to performance, i.e. goals and position description responsibilities.
- Undergraduate or Master’s studies, preferably in Political/Behavioral Science, International Development, Media or Communication Studies, Gender Studies, Economy, Sociology, Data Science or other relevant fields.
- At least 3 years of experience in areas related to civic, youth and women-focused engagement, policy analysis, governance, media or other related fields; work experience in democratic development will be considered an advantage;
- Experience in analyzing and compiling information;
- Experience in organizing public events;
- Experience in media analysis or monitoring will be considered an advantage;
- Experience of working in an international organization is desirable.
- Fluency in English and Romanian. Excellent English writing skills are required.
Knowledge and skills
- Proficiency in Google Suite tools required (Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, Google Slides, Google Forms); good knowledge of Microsoft Office or Microsoft 365 is acceptable as a transition to Google tools.
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to analyze and interpret information and draw key conclusions;
- Strong interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate and tactfully liaise with a wide range of partners at all levels;
- Strong oral and written communication skills;
- Time management, organization, judgment skills, to ensure ability to balance competing priorities successfully, and to adhere to tight deadlines;
- Self-motivation and ability to work with a high degree of autonomy;
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team is of utmost importance.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Anunț de angajare: specialist/specialistă în comunicare în cadrul CICDE
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de monitorizarea riscurilor și raportare
- Programme Officer for the Swedish Red Cross
- Concurs de selectare a unei companii/agenții pentru adaptarea și dezvoltarea site-ului web www.centruleducational.md
- ADMA anunță concurs pentru ocuparea funcției vacante de Specialist principal / Specialistă principală în Secția dezvoltare și cooperare externă
- Organizația Națiunilor Unite pentru Dezvoltarea Industrială angajează asistent permanent pentru un proiect in domeniul sigurantei alimentare
- Caritas Moldova is hiring Communications Officer
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal al Direcţiei decontări interbancare.
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de economist principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de control și evaluare riscuri
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă