Finance and Administrative Coordinator for USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA)
Chemonics International Inc. seeks highly qualified candidates for the position of Finance and Administrative Coordinator for the USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA). Chemonics International Inc. (www.chemonics.com) is a U.S.-based international consulting firm providing expertise in developing and emerging-market countries since 1975.
USAID Moldova Rural Competitiveness and Resilience Activity (RCRA) is a five-year project (2022-2027) funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). The goal of RCRA is to stimulate a sustainable and inclusive recovery from the regional crisis brought on by the latest Russian invasion of Ukraine and accelerate an inclusive, climate-resilient economic development of rural Moldova by protecting the development gains made with USAID support over the past decade and further stimulate the competitiveness of key economic sectors, including the wine industry, high-value agriculture, and tourism.
The objectives of the Activity are:
- Accelerated export diversification and Western market integration in targeted sectors
- Enhanced economic resilience of small and medium enterprises in targeted sectors
- Improved sector enabling environment to facilitate resilience and Western integration.
The Finance and Administrative Coordinator supports Senior Accounting and Finance Manager in all aspects of project accounting and financial management. Finance and Administrative Coordinator supports the routine processing of accounting transactions and adheres to home office field accounting manual procedures. In addition, the Finance and Administrative Assistance also assists with other operational and administrative processes such as maintenance of financial systems, communication logs, filing systems, timesheets, leave requests, budget trackers, and other administrative tasks.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (Essential Functions):
- Assists the Senior Finance and Accounting Manager with auditing of expenses, bank deposits, issuing payments to vendors, as well as ensuring proper stewardship and accounting of funds for grants, program activities, and program operations.
- Manages the petty cash account.
- Prepares monthly meal voucher calculations for RCRA long-term employees.
- Interacts with outsourcing accounting company (PAA SRL)
- Interacts with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis.
- Assists with procurement procedures, including identification of vendors, collection of price quotes, and documentation of the procurement process.
- Maintains administrative systems, including but not limited to communication logs, filing systems, and budget trackers.
- Prepares payments packages for monthly expenses such as office rent, residential rent, accounting services, and other reoccurring costs.
- Reviews expense reports and travel claims for accuracy in calculation, ensure that expenses have appropriate approvals.
- Prepares backup documentation for all administrative transactions and ensure that the backup complies with Chemonics policies.
- Maintains the project’s administrative and finance electronic and hard copy filing system.
- Other duties as assigned.
Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of relevant work experience in accounting, financial support, or operations required;
- University degree in a relevant field;
- Fluency in Romanian and proficiency in English preferred with excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Previous experience implementing donor-funded programming preferred;
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail;
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel preferred; and
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
Please send an email with your CV attached and “RCRA Finance and Administrative Coordinator” in the subject line to MDA-RCRA-Recruit@chemonics.md by February 11, 2023. No telephone inquiries, please. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Only finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Chemonics values the protection of your personal data. If you are in the European Union, please read our EU Recruiting Data Privacy Notice to learn how we process personal data. You may access the notice via the following link: https://chemonics.com/eu-recruiting-data-privacy-notice/.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Grădinița Internațională CHIPS angajează urgent Asistent(ă) Medical(ă)
- DGPDC angajează pedagog / pedagogă în cadrul Serviciului social ,,Centrul maternal de plasament pentru cuplul mamă-copil”
- UNICEF Moldova: Programme Associate, GS-6 (FT)_for Moldova nationals only
- Acted is hiring Logistics Assistant - Edinet
- Selectarea unui consultant care va realiza patru filme scurte
- Management Systems International is hiring for Procurement Manager
- Centrul de Drept al Avocatilor angajeaza consilier juridic in Falesti
- UCR Data Protection Advisor – Moldova
- OO "Женский клуб "Голубка" приглашает (срочно!) эксперта/тренера для проведения тренинга по адвокаси в городе Басарабяска
- UNDP Moldova: Project Manager (NPSA9) - Moldova Sustainable Green Cities – Catalyzing investment in sustainable green cities in the Republic of Moldova using a holistic integrated urban planning approach (Green Cities Project)