Adventist Development and Relieve Agency (ADRA) is the global humanitarian arm of the Seventh-day Adventist Church – part of the 20 million strong Adventist community, with hundreds of thousands of churches globally and the world’s largest integrated healthcare and education network. ADRA delivers relief and development assistance to individuals in more than 118 countries – regardless of their ethnicity, political affiliation, gender or religious association. By partnering with local communities, organizations, and governments, ADRA is able to deliver culturally relevant programs and build local capacity for sustainable change.
ADRA Moldova has been an active humanitarian and development office since 1999, with the country office located in Chisinau. The agency is an active member in all clusters in Moldova and is also part of the emergency team established by the local ministries through support offices in the country. ADRA Moldova currently employs 26 staff whilst upscaling its capacity for response to the Ukrainian crisis.
Job Title: Protection Officer
Reports to: Programs Director and Country Director
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Job Purpose: To identify and develop plans and strategies related to protection related activities in the current humanitarian projects of ADRA Moldova.
- Familiarize with ADRA’s Global Protection Strategy, provide technical guidance and ensure, ensuring continuous alignment with regional and global strategies and priorities
- Compliance with and adherence to ADRA’s policies, guidance and procedures
- Identify trends technical standards and donor priorities
- Provide technical direction and project implementation support
- Provide initial training and protection mainstream training to staff in areas of operations
- Represent ADRA in relevant forums/clusters, including with national authorities and donors
- Promote the rights of FDPs/ Refugees in line with the advocacy strategy
- In operations applying the Cluster Approach, ensure the Protection Cluster covers all assessed and prioritized protection needs of the affected population and utilize the FDPs footprint during the planning process.
- Coordinate the implementation and monitoring of programmes ensuring that identified protection needs, including an Age, Gender and Diversity (AGD) approach, are adequately addressed
- Take a lead role in raising awareness about ADRA’s safeguarding policies and procedures, including the Code of Conduct and other related policies, and provide/coordinate training for ADRA Representatives, including partner staff and volunteers, on these measures.
- Work with departmental staff to ensure that programmes and operations are measuring and mitigating safeguarding risks, integrating safeguarding measures into all activities. Support on proposal development upon request.
- Promote the participation of affected populations so they can provide input on the program design and implementation, and are made aware of the organization’s PSEA measures and Code of Conduct, and of their right to protection including how they would raise a concern about Sexual Exploitation and Abuse (SEA)
- Work with Programmes Director and relevant staff in ADRA partner offices to establish community-level complaints mechanisms that facilitate reporting of concerns by beneficiaries.
- Receive safeguarding reports and respond in accordance with ADRA’s procedures; provide referral or next step support and information, prioritizing a focus on the welfare and safety of the victim and survivor
- Create, monitor, and support the implementation of a local safeguarding work plan. Coordinate regular reports to ADRA senior management and the ADRA Safeguarding Office on the implementation and review of safeguarding measures
- Conduct protection monitoring and identify the protection issues in the target areas
- Develop a Referral plan for the protection issues.
- Initiate plans for the reported issues in the RAC/ Host HHs and continuously follow it with the field staff.
- Coordinate with the other NGO’s working in the field of protection and develop a strong protection mechanism
- Participate and dialogue in all coordination mechanisms during implementation to avoid duplication.
- Develop a strategy for implementing activities on protection in coordination with all project stakeholders
- Train and work with the staffs in the areas of Documentation whenever possible
- Undertaking frequent field visits to conduct trainings and implement the protection related activities within the time framework.
- Develop training plans programs with the project staff
- Provide assistance to field staff to implement the activities in the field level.
- Establish good working relationship with the concerned government officers and other stakeholders
- Attend regular project review meetings with the project staff.
- Establish strong working relationships with the field staff and provide necessary support where it is appropriate.
- Complete other project-related tasks as requested by the Project Manager.
Skills and Competencies Required:
The project requires intensive training, good planning and organisational ability. He/she need to have hands on experience in livelihood and protection related activities implementation at the field level.
- Must be proficient in reading and writing English and preferably local languages and have demonstrated ability to produce professional reports/documents.
- Experience or interest in protection from PSEAH, gender and inclusion, gender-based violence (GBV) and / or child protection programming.
- Knowledge of Protection policies and strategies of various Donors
- Knowledge of various legal and policy frameworks
- Must have leadership and Coordination skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work with people from diverse social and religious backgrounds and have experience working with the government people.
- Should be a team player and worked in a competitive and professional environment.
- Experience of working with participatory methodologies.
- Sensitive to gender issues, stigma and barriers to social inclusion.
- Willing and able to travel extensively throughout the project areas.
- Must be proficient in Computers (internet, word and excel)
- Honesty in all undertakings with behaviour congruent with ADRA principles and moral standards.
Knowledge Management and Learning
- Shares knowledge and experience.
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
- Ability to perform a broad range of activities aimed at effective and efficient functioning of the Field office, including time & schedule management, maintenance of protocol, & information flow.
- Ability to provide input to agency’s business processes re-engineering, elaboration and implementation of strategies and program concepts.
- Accountability & dependability
Leadership and Self-Management
- Focuses on result for the beneficiaries and responds positively to feedback.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities. Exhibits transparency, un-bias, openness & participatory approach in all undertakings
Interested candidates are requested to submit their applications to: email@example.com
The applications should include the following documents:
- Cover letter explaining the suitability and expertise for the position
- Resume / CV
- Minimum of 2 references with contact details from previous/current employment
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis, and ADRA reserves the right to stop the application process once a suitable candidate has been identified. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No phone calls inquiries allowed.
At ADRA, we are committed to the safeguarding and protection of the communities, staff and other people we work with. We will do everything possible to ensure that only those who can promote a working environment free from abuse or harm to anyone that works with or comes into contact with ADRA are recruited. This post is subject to a range of vetting checks.
Alte anunturi de angajare
- Specialist/specialistă în activitatea de lobby (advocacy, parteneriate și rețele) în cadrul A.O. „CONCORDIA. Proiecte Sociale”
- HelpAge International angajează Expert(ă) în domeniul violenței în bază de gen
- Project Associate (NPSA-7) - UNDP Moldova/EU Confidence Building Measures Programme (EU CBM V)
- National Consultant on Judicial Statistics and Development of Judicial Information System
- ACTED/REACH is hiring Enumerator - Chișinău
- America House Chișinău angajează asistent/ă de proiect
- The Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Moldova is looking for a Project Officer in the Cooperation section (job n° 48965)
- Extended Deadline: Finance Officer, DRL-funded Program
- BNM anunță concurs pentru postul vacant de expert principal, pe durată determinată, responsabil de supraveghere bancară continuă (transparența acționarilor)
- UNICEF Moldova: Individual Consultancy to support the Ministry of Labour and Social Protection and Ministry of Education and Research in carrying out social policy reforms