Extended deadline: Finance Specialist – USAID-funded Effective Justice
Dexis Consulting Group is seeking qualified Moldovan citizens for the position of Finance Specialist.
Dexis Consulting is a professional services firm that solves the most pressing social challenges in complex environments, paving the way for a more secure and prosperous world.
We embrace diversity, equity, and inclusion and strives to build and maintain a safe environment where we celebrate diverse backgrounds, treat everyone with respect, and value the unique lived experiences each person brings based on their race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, military or veteran status, national origin, age, marital status or family status and related conditions.
Working with us, you will experience a corporate culture of inclusiveness, fairness, and trust. You will be given the means and mentorship needed to succeed, and your creativity will be rewarded.
Dexis Consulting implements the Effective Justice Indefinite Delivery/Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) project with USAID/Moldova to foster an efficient, accessible, and transparent justice system that uniformly applies the rule of law. Effective Justice has four goals: to deliver improved justice services, strengthen the connection between courts, communities, and system users, improve the judicial and legal environment for business, and strengthen the independence of the judiciary.
The project is implemented through individual Task Orders.
Candidates must be able to start in June 2022.
About the Position
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Under the supervision of the Director of Operations, the Finance Specialist will ensure that local subcontracts for services and goods are properly designed, competed, awarded, implemented, and completed, in compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations and Dexis’s established systems and practices;
- Prepare all payments, ensuring accuracy of figures, legitimacy and sufficiency of supporting documents, in line with Dexis’s requirements, and ensuring that appropriate account codes are used
- Make bank transfers of payments according to the approved transactions by the Director of Operations and Chief of Party.
- Enter payments into QuickBooks Online daily, assuring that the correct account and description are entered.
- Prepare in QuickBooks monthly bank reconciliations for each bank account.
- Keep the financial records in accordance with Dexis policies;
- Prepare financial reports as required by Dexis and USAID including but not limited to Monthly and Quarterly Financial Reports;
- Provide assistance to the Director of Operations in preparing budgets and monitoring expenditures against budget estimates;
- Maintain bank records and reconcile bank accounts, monitors cash balances in bank accounts.
- Keeps track, in line with Dexis rules, and ensures general control of petty cash.
- Keep track of inventory, in compliance with USAID’s rules and regulations and Dexis’s established systems and practices; ensuring all needed supporting documents for temporary and final transfers to the beneficiaries;
- Provide time sheets and other information necessary for the local accounting company responsible for the payment of salaries and work together with the respective company to ensure the payment of salaries and the transfer of salary
- Maintain copies of all receipts, time sheets, payroll records, and other financial documents and send them to the Dexis Home Office.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- University Diploma in economics, finance, accounting, or a related field;
- Minimum of 2 (two) years of experience in similar positions in international organizations; experience in USAID-funded projects is a strong advantage;
- Excellent knowledge of Moldovan accounting, tax, and labor laws;
- Experience with developing, reviewing, and implementing procurement activities and project budgets.
- Direct experience and knowledge of QuickBooks software;
- Advanced competency in using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint);
- Ability to work independently under minimum supervision and efficiently coordinate several ongoing tasks;
- Ability to work under pressure with a positive attitude, as a part of the Project team;
- Strong analytical, research and writing skills;
- Fluency in Romanian and English.
Closing date for receipt of applications is June 9, 2022 at 18:00 Moldova time. Applicants must submit a short cover letter and a CV in English as soon as possible to: firstname.lastname@example.org noting “Finance Specialist” in the subject line.
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled. The term of employment is expected to be by January, 2024.