Position: Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Program: USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity Program (MISRA)
Location: Chisinau, Moldova
Period of Performance: June 2022 – April 2027
Nathan Associates Inc. is a private international economic and analytics consulting firm that works with government and commercial clients around the globe to deliver practical solutions and achieve lasting results. Whether building frameworks for economic growth or navigating regulatory hurdles, securing infrastructure financing or evaluating and assessing disputes, Nathan’s experts serve as trusted partners, offering clients the analysis, technical advice, and strategies they need for sound decision-making. Known for both technical and service excellence, Nathan has corporate offices in the US, UK, and India and more than 25 program offices around the world.
The USAID Moldova Institutional and Structural Reforms Activity (MISRA) seeks to support Moldova’s economic recovery, advance the Government of Moldova’s economic Action Plan, strengthen public economic governance institutions, improve the trade and investment enabling environment, and accelerate financial sector reforms and inclusiveness.
Responsibilities and Tasks
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will be responsible for the following, but not limited to the following:
- Monitoring & Evaluation System Design;
- Assist in designing the overall M&E project strategy and an effective M&E framework in consultation with the DCOP and COP and visiting M&E experts;
- Facilitate the development and establishment of appropriate indicators, targets, data collection tools, documentation systems and management information systems for reporting to the key stakeholders on progress towards achievement of targets for process, output and outcome indicators.
- Harmonize M&E data collection and reporting systems with USAID policies and indicators; establish systems for gathering, reporting and analyzing data;
- With relevant stakeholders, develop the program's M&E plan and, secure USAID approval, develop data collection tools;
- Coordinate and manage all monitoring and evaluation tasks, reports, and deliverables.
Data Analysis, Management and Reporting
- Conduct descriptive statistical analysis using programmatic datasets in preparation for M&E reporting;
- Oversee data collection processes; ensure data quality, develop documentation of best practices; facilitate the use of data to inform design and decision-making;
- Serve as lead writer for monthly, quarterly, and annual M&E reports based on indicators outlined in the project performance monitoring plans; contribute to monthly, quarterly, annual and final programmatic progress reports; and
- Ensure that the project complies with all institutional reporting requirements.
Learning, Documentation and Sharing Lessons Learned
- Work with the DCOP and COP to develop and implement systems to use data to drive decision-making at all levels;
- Regularly review and update the M&E plan with the COP; and
- Work with local partners to ensure the collection of timely, relevant, and appropriate data needed for an effective M&E system to be utilized in the monitoring of strengths, weaknesses and gaps in existing programs and services, and to meet required reporting on donor commitments.
Data Management and Quality Assurance
- Develop and implement internal control systems that ensure the quality of all partner and the project data, including facilitating routine data quality assessments, identifying deficiencies and supporting corrective actions to improve data quality.
The Monitoring & Evaluation Manager will report to the Component 4 Lead – Strategic Communications and Chief of Party (COP).
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics/mathematics, social sciences, international affairs/development or a related discipline required; Master’s degree preffered;
- Experience managing the design and implementation of M&E activities of large-scale donor funded development projects, preferably related to economic growth;
- Understanding of data management and basic principles of database design and analysis;
- Strong experience working with Management Information Systems (MIS);
- Understanding and experience with program monitoring, baseline, midterm and final evaluations;
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Background in applied research methodology;
- Excellent oral and written English communication skills;
- Strong computer skills, with working knowledge of databases, spreadsheets, and statistical software packages;
- Ability to work in a demanding environment under tight deadlines. Fluent in written and spoken English. Strong organizational skills and excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills; and
- Fluency in English and Romanian.
How to apply:
If you meet all the minimum requirements above and you would like to apply for this position, send a cover letter (one page maximum) and a CV (two pages maximum) to Moldovajobs@nathaninc.com with “Applying for Monitoring & Evaluation Manager” in the subject line. Please apply by June 8, 2022. If applying to multiple positions, please send a separate email for each position. Only long-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for test/interview.