How to apply
Interested candidates are welcome to apply by sending their CV along with a cover letter, to email@example.com with the position title in the subject. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is the official international humanitarian agency of the Catholic community in the United States. CRS works to save, protect, and transform lives in need in more than 100 countries, without regard to race, religion or nationality. CRS’ relief and development work is accomplished through programs of emergency response, HIV, health, agriculture, education, microfinance and peacebuilding.
In Ukraine, CRS does not implement projects directly, but funds and supports the work of two local partners: Caritas Ukraine and Caritas-Spes Ukraine. Both are members of Caritas Internationalis, a confederation of over 160 members. Caritas Ukraine and Caritas-Spes Ukraine are present throughout the country and are currently implementing emergency response programming in addition to their regular social work.
The post concerns a consultancy agreement between CRS Moldova-Ukraine and the successful candidate.
The Project Support Consultant will support all CRS activities in Ukraine and provide close accompaniment to CRS’ local partners throughout the project cycle, including design, start-up, implementation, and close-out. The consultant will also provide overall capacity development and technical support to partners.
- Represent CRS in partner meetings and maintain relationships with local partners through regular communication.
- Ensure the flow of information and propose action points.
- Serve as the primary liaison between Caritas-Spes Ukraine and CRS colleagues, particularly the Program Manager, who leads on coordination between CRS and Caritas colleagues.
- In close coordination with the CRS Program Manager, provide daily accompaniment to Caritas-Spes Ukraine in the implementation of their Caritas Internationalis-funded Emergency Appeal and other projects.
- Ensure implementation is in line with CRS program quality principles and standards, donor requirements, and good practices.
- Share CRS best practices and provide methodological support.
- Raise partner technical support needs to CRS staff and support with follow-up.
- Support with grants management and donor communication.
- Support partner in new proposal development.
- Support partners with identifying staffing gaps. Closely accompany the partners throughout the hiring process as needed.
- Support partners’ capacity development and learning initiatives.
- Based on Partnership Scorecard results, support the development of the partner’s improvement plan and facilitate implementation when necessary.
- Inform partners on available tools and initiatives regarding capacity development, as well as other opportunities to improve programming and performance.
- Provide support for MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning).
- Support CRS and partners with project design and proposal development activities.
- Perform other duties as needed.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
- Work experience: Minimum of three years’ work experience in development and/or emergency programs.
- Experience working with international development donors and/or international NGOs (preferred).
- Demonstrated capacity to establish and maintain strong, collaborative working relationships with colleagues, partner staff, government officials, local organizations, communities and other stakeholders.
- Proven ability to develop proposals and write reports meeting donor requirements.
- Proficiency in computer applications (MS Word, Excel).
- Language: Fluency in Ukrainian and advanced competency (written and oral) in English – report writing required in English.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong critical thinking and creative problem-solving skills with ability to make sound judgment.
- Strong relationship management skills and the ability to work effectively with culturally diverse groups.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to write reports.
- Proactive, results-oriented, and service-oriented.
- Able to prioritize work, multi-task, and control processes.
- Strong representation, presentation, and communication skills.
- Able to work diligently and independently.
- Demonstrated strength in partner relationships; diplomatic and able to manage conflicts and to move groups toward consensus.
- Ability and willingness to travel within Ukraine.
- Position requires flexibility and the capacity to deal with ambiguity and change.
Key Working Relationships
Internal: CRS Program Manager (line manager), Head of Programs, Head of Operations, Country Representative, Finance Manager and Finance Officers, Safeguarding Technical Advisor, other Technical Advisors
External: Donors, partner organizations
Place of Performance
Base location: The consultant will be based in Kyiv, with possible travel across Ukraine. Possibility for the position to start remotely from outside of Kyiv
Period of Performance
From June 1, 2022 through May 30, 2023 with a consultancy agreement.