Helvetas is an organisation specialised in development cooperation and humanitarian response, anchored in Switzerland. Our vision is a just world in which all men and women determine the course of their lives in dignity and security, using environmental resources in a sustainable manner.
For the RECONOMY programme we are looking for consultancy services from June till December 2022, to support with Knowledge Management and Communication and with the implementation of a pilot in the textile sector.
RECONOMY is a regional programme of the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency (Sida) implemented by Helvetas, covering 12 countries in Eastern and Southeastern Europe. The overall goal is to promote income and employment opportunities for women and youth through inclusive and sustainable economic development; the programme applies a Market Systems Development approach. To achieve this goal, the programme supports initiatives in three interrelated areas: improving training and education systems for skills development, development of financial and business services, advocacy for policy and regulatory reforms. The main instruments include a challenge fund that stimulates innovation and private sector engagement, sector-specific MSD initiatives implemented together with partner organisations, and regional knowledge management and learning.
The Eastern Partnership countries Regional Manager leads the coordination of activities in the region to whom she/he reports, focusing on the tasks mentioned below. The RECONOMY team is networked and disbursed across the targeted countries, with two other regional managers (leading on coordination of activities in respective sub-regions) and experts leading on cross-cutting themes such as monitoring, knowledge management and learning (KML), communications, environment and climate change, financial manager etc. for all targeted countries. The RECONOMY Programme consultant must be located in Moldova (preferably in Chisinau); familiarity with online collaboration tools is essential and travelling will be moderate.
YOUR MAIN TASKS
The consultant is responsible for ensuring proper integration and contribution of the programme’s work and partnerships in Moldova (and Ukraine) into the programme’s overall efforts on knowledge management and learning and communication as well as ensuring timely support to the Regional Manager for Eastern Partnership (EaP) on programme implementation related issues.
The RECONOMY Programme consultant will be responsible for the following main tasks:
1) In coordination with the EaP Regional manager contribute to the generation of communication products with the programme’s Communications Manager (in line with its communication strategy), providing the basis for facilitating an active discourse amongst Implementing Partners and stakeholders on relevant subjects as well as the programme’s positioning in Moldova (and Ukraine).
2) Coordinate necessary activities for knowledge management and learning in Moldova (and Ukraine) with the RECONOMY Programme’s KML Manager (in line with its KML strategy), linking country/regional activities to the programme’s overall KML.
3) Conduct the research of the Textile sector in Moldova (and Ukraine) to identify entry points for the RECONOMY Programme for systemic interventions and new partnerships.
4) Assist EaP Regional manager in coordination the RECONOMY Programme’s activities in Moldova (and Ukraine) with Swedish embassies and Sida representatives, governments and other critical stakeholders, ensuring transparency and an overall collaborative environment.
5) Ensure close coordination of activities with the Moldova based ICT sector Consultant.
- An academic degree (Master or equivalent) in economics, development studies or similar social science
- Strong communication skills and ability to engage with others through facilitation, presentation, negotiation, networking etc.
- Knowledge of Market Systems Development (MSD/M4P approach)
- At least 5 years of experience in economic / labour market / private sector development
- Demonstrated ability to research, analyse and synthesise as well as write up knowledge for wider learning and dissemination purpose
- Experience in managing partnerships and institutional relations
- Excellent English language skills in written and spoken word. Russian/Romanian and or Ukrainian are a plus.
We offer you an interesting challenge with attractive working conditions. You can expect modern and flexible working conditions.
Complete application including motivation letter and CV should be submitted to email@example.com by 31st of May 2022.