Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position Summary & Job Purpose:
Tetra Tech, Inc. is now actively seeking a Gender and Youth Specialist for the USAID funded Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA). MESA aims to strengthen Moldova’s energy security by improving physical and market integration with Europe; enhancing energy efficiency (EE); adding domestic power generation, particularly renewable energy (RE) and related transmission and distribution infrastructure; and diversifying natural gas supply.
The Gender and Youth Specialist will be responsible for the integration of gender equality and youth inclusion into the design, implementation, and monitoring of the MESA project. The Gender and Youth Specialist will report to the Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP). S/he will collaborate with all task team leads to ensure that gender is appropriately integrated into project activities.
The position is a full-time long-term position. Hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. The candidate must be a resident of Moldova and legally authorized to work in the country. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality.
- Lead the project’s gender and youth integration strategies and serve as primary point of contact with the client on these topics
- Design the project’s efforts to integrate gender equality and youth empowerment interventions into all technical tasks, through design of appropriate activities and capacity-building efforts.
- Review, design, and provide input into technical deliverables and products, including but not limited to workplans, technical knowledge and communications products, training or other course content, concept notes, etc.
- Work collaboratively with the ESI Home Office Gender Advisor to identify energy sector employers who may wish to participate in the USAID Workplace Advancement for Gender Equality course
- Provide support in conducting a gender analysis of the Moldovan energy sector and developing the corresponding action plan with the ESI Home Office Gender Advisor
- Provide support in the development of MESA’s Gender Equality and Social Inclusion Action Plan with the ESI Home Office Gender Advisor
- Maintain open line of communication with relevant stakeholders to guide implementation of the proposed Action Plan
- Provide ad-hoc gender expertise support and capacity building to technical team members as needed
- Provide inputs on all weekly, quarterly, annual USAID reports, ad-hoc communications or client requests dealing with youth and gender issues.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Essential KSA's Required (experience, education, certification, etc.):
- Required Bachelor’s degree in international development/studies, gender and development, business administration or another related field
- Relevant experience in gender analysis and/or gender integration in development programming or projects
- Experience working diplomatically with government, donors, and private sector organizations in gender equality focused policy development, human resource development, and training programs.
- Proven ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, both independently and as a team member interacting with staff members and client representatives at all levels
- Excellent writing and communication skills. Able to communicate complex information and deliver verbal and written messages effectively
- Good analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong research capabilities, using a variety of primary and secondary sources
- Strong organizational, teamwork and technical skills
- Advanced proficiency in the MS Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams
- Strong English language capabilities (speaking, reading, writing)
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Experience working in the energy sector and/or other male dominated sectors preferred
- Experience working on similar USAID projects
TO SUBMIT AN APPLICATION, PLEASE APPLY HERE: https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/gender-and-youth-specialist-moldova-27041