Tetra Tech provides best-in-class energy consulting services for clients worldwide. Our work advances clean energy to achieve climate and decarbonization goals; creates sustainable utilities and modern grids; and promotes gender equality and economic inclusivity at the energy nexus.
Position Summary & Job Purpose:
Tetra Tech is recruiting a Project Assistant to be based in Chisinau, Moldova to support the implementation of the USAID administered Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA) from April 2022 to March 2026. The objective of the Moldova Energy Security Activity (MESA) is to strengthen Moldova’s energy security by: (1) advancing physical and market integration of the Moldovan energy sector with Europe; (2) increasing renewable energy integration; and (3) increasing investment in energy efficiency and domestic power generation, particularly through increased adoption of renewable energy technologies.
The Project Assistant must be resident in Moldova and with the ability to legally work. This position is full-time, and hiring is contingent upon USAID approval. Tetra Tech values a diverse workplace and strives to achieve gender equality. Qualified women and men are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Execute office administration activities such as drafting correspondence; providing interpretation and translation services; maintaining the project’s physical property inventory; maintaining the office lease; procuring office equipment, furniture, supplies and associated items, coordinating for photocopying, binding materials and reports, printing of business cards, mail distribution; coordinating vehicle usage; updating project manuals.
- Coordinate with local vendors for furniture, equipment, office supplies, etc. and solicit quotations
- Serve as MESA’s safety and security focal point complying with Tetra Tech’s Duty of Care standards and maintaining the MESA emergency contact rosters and phone tree.
- Maintain, scan and file accounting documents and ensure all financial documentation is filed (securely) in both hard copy and scanned and saved in project digital files.
- Serve as primary focal point for MESA’s international experts traveling to Chisinau; scheduling hotel arrangements and transportation and other travel coordination.
- Serve as greeter to visitors arriving to the office and provide guidance during their visit.
- Answer incoming and direct calls to staff members accordingly
- Develop meeting agendas; prepare lists of participants and invitations
- Draft correspondence and maintain the tracker of all correspondence issue
- Take meeting notes and prepare first draft of the meeting minutes
- Organize project meetings, workshops and other special events
- Support in travel arrangements including international and domestic travel, hotels, transportation for the MESA project team.
- Maintain and keep up to date travel tracker, and event schedules
- Support in maintaining general office supplies and maintain project property inventory
- Maintains all project knowledge via the electronic project shared folder on Egnyte and MS Teams site of operational and technical information including project deliverables, documents, reports, photos and other information.
- Assist in coordinating with building management for office related services which includes letter of intent, lease agreement, fitting out and fixtures, and access control, common security etc.
- Coordinate office policies and procedures
- Perform other relevant duties as assigned
Essential KSA's Required (experience, skills, education, certification, etc.):
- Bachelor’s degree from Business Administration, Human Resources, or similar field.
- 3+ years’ experience as Administrative Assistant and/or similar role including at least one-year in front office/secretarial services
- Well conversed with office system and higher level of computer literacy
- Applicant must be familiar with all work-related platforms such as MS Teams.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and team players, responsive to local and home office requests.
- Attention to detail with an emphasis on accuracy and meeting deadlines.
- Highly organized in planning, explaining procedures, and maintaining documentation.
- Ability to problem solve along with solid analytical skills, understanding business process, and systems optimization.
- Strong communication skills to interact with all levels of management across multiple objectives.
- Fluency in English (reading, writing and presentation skills) with strong oral and written presentation skills
Valued but not required KSA's:
- Experience working on USAID, or other donor-funded projects in Moldova.
Line management responsibility:
Physical demands & work enviornment:
- Office setting
SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION HERE TO APPLY: https://tetratech.referrals.selectminds.com/jobs/project-assistant-moldova-27276