The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) supports displacement-affected individuals and communities following the crisis in Ukraine, and advocates for their rights in the neighbouring countries.
The NRC Information, Counselling and Legal assistance (ICLA) program in Romania and Rep. Moldova one of NRC’s programmatic areas for its Ukraine response.
The ICLA programme in Romania/Rep. Moldova is focused on the provision of information, counselling and legal assistance services on civil documentation, legal residency, refugee status determination, housing, and employment rights, conducts capacity building activities for relevant stakeholders and advocacy actions, on legal protection aspects.
NRC’s ICLA programme for Romania and Rep. Moldova would also like to capitalize on gains and expertize resulting from its digital transformation journey. ICLA understands that information and communication technology (ICT) should play an increasingly important role in the provision of legal services to beneficiaries. New digital modalities of service provision and interaction with beneficiaries have the potential to increase the reach of the NRC ICLA program, enhance its ability to deliver and overcome access barriers and improve the quality and timeliness of its services. These new service delivery modalities will contribute to NRC's Global Strategy, and particularly to NRC's global ambition to "become a leader in using data and technology to deliver better results."
All NRC employees are expected to work in accordance with the organisation’s core values: dedication, innovation, inclusivity and accountability. These attitudes and believes shall guide our actions and relationships.
- Role and Responsibilities:
The ICLA Digital Coordinator will significantly contribute to transform the way ICLA provides its services, through the development and deployment of digital solutions. The ICLA Digital Coordinator will be responsible for coordinating the ICLA digital component within its partnerships on legal aid, support the design, piloting and roll out of digital solutions and ensuring that feedback and learning from the field are taken into consideration in the development of strategies and products.
- Ensure adherence with NRC guidelines, tools and handbooks.
- Support ICLA Programme Development Manager in collaboration with the ICLA Global Digital PM to develop and execute ICLA's vision and strategy for digital transformation.
- Ensure compliance with the goals and objectives of the digital ICLA strategy
- Collaborate with Global ICLA team in head office to ensure alignment with global digital strategies for ICLA.
- Coordinate and manage digital ICLA initiatives, including development, testing and implementation phases.
- Support learning and development of staff on digital initiatives
- Contribute to the identification of possible collaboration opportunities with other actors (humanitarian, private sector, academia, donors), representing NRC in relevant forums and leading promotion initiatives linked to the project.
- Ensure compliance with and adherence to NRC policies and procedures, especially in relation to information security and the data protection standard and make recommendations to relevant units regarding the review / adaptation of policies to digital product innovation / development processes.
- Oversee and be responsible of mainstreaming protection guidelines in the NRC activities as per NRC’s Protection mainstreaming guidelines and ensure that all breaches/concerns reported are properly resolved.
- Coordinate digital ICLA specific projects, including managing content management system, chatbot, and user portal.
- The primary contact for all aspects of Kobli website(s) in Romania, routine site and content maintenance, and various updates to ensure Kobli instance aligns with the goals and objectives of ICLA.
- Lead field implementation of the digital ICLA software including organization and publication of the content and integration of the software platform.
- Engage with relevant staff and partners at national and field level in the project to ensure participation and continuous feedback
- Coordinate training opportunities for ICLA staff, partners and beneficiaries in use of the digital tools.
- Build adequate technical capacity for a sustainable use of digital modalities for legal services provision
- Support NRC in monitoring and evaluating the use of digital modalities.
- Coordinate activities closely with the Global ICLA Digital PM to report on progress and ensure alignment of strategies.
- Share experience and lessons learned with other country offices in collaboration with Global ICLA Digital PM.
- Support with NRC ICLA efforts on strengthening coordination on legal aid
- Chair the Legal Aid Taskforce and ensure follow-up and coordination with the PWG stemming therefrom (with guidance and support from the ICLA PDM)
- Assist with the organization and roll-out of training and workshops related to legal aid
- Manage budget envelopes attached to the realisation of the above activities
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A CANDIDATE WITH THE FOLLOWING COMPETENCIES:
Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
Generic professional competencies:
These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
- Proficiency in web-based skills like programming, layout, and content development.
- Legal background or exposure and passion for migration and asylum law and refugee rights
- Fluency in written and spoken English, Romanian, and Russian
- Previous experience in working in complex and high-paced environments
- Familiarity with content development, web design, graphic design, innovation processes cloud-based technologies, digital transformation and digital platforms.
- Understanding and experience in conducting and applying human-centered design processes, using Design Thinking methodologies for the strategic development of solutions, working in collaboration with teams, relevant entities and beneficiaries.
Context/ Specific skills, knowledge and experience:
- Experience in leading teams, especially in a startup context.
- Demonstrable experience in managing online websites, more specifically, monitor its performance with search engines, functionality, speed and design.
- Experience in management and publication of legal content in a manner suitable for online platform and social media.
- Experience in organizing online campaigns and marketing efforts to introduce the platform to the target population.
- Knowledge of cloud and SaaS solutions, particularly CRM's such as Salesforce and MS Dynamics.
- Life-long learning attitude.
- Comfortable working remotely within a geographically distributed team.
- Ability to present ideas, concepts and products to internal and external stakeholders.
- Advanced analytical skills and problem-solving attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioral competencies and the following are essential for this position:
- Strategic thinking: Demonstrates future orientation and long-term vision; thinks methodically and on a global scale; sets a high standard for solutions.
- Planning and delivering results: Takes initiatives and sees things through to completion; anticipates problems and solves them, can operate with little to no direction.
- Coping with change: Adopts a flexible and responsive mindset; comfortable with uncertainty; can adapt plans quickly.
- Working with people: A team player by nature; able to build bridges across silos; defaults to sharing and supports colleagues in achieving their goals; focuses on solutions rather than obstacles.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your updated CV and motivation letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Before 11th May 2022.
Duty Station: Chisinau or wider Moldova with willingness to travel in-country
Type of Contract: Fixed term, renewable based on performance, funding, and need for the position
Language: Fluency in English is highly desired!
This position is open to qualified National Candidates!