Type of Appointment:
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
Reporting to the MEAL (Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning) Manager (based in Chisinau), the Hotline Assistant (HA) will be the point of contact for beneficiaries who have requests for information, suggestions and/or complaints to raise on program components. S/he will work cooperatively with project and field teams and other relevant PIN Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Under the direction supervision of the MEAL Manager, responds to hotline calls and provides necessary information to beneficiaries and conducts follow-up calls with beneficiaries when necessary;
- Records all calls in PIN format in Community feedback and response mechanism logbooks;
- Makes follow-up calls to beneficiaries as necessary to ensure they are satisfied with PIN actions;
- Communicates on a regular basis with the MEAL Manager in Chisinau and provides updates on issues and progress;
- Prepares quarterly reports based on the feedback received;
- Assists with the development of other work-related reports as requested by the MEAL Manager;
- Assists with archiving documentation in accordance with PIN established procedures;
- Assists the field teams in data collection and if necessary with the field work. Performs other duties as assigned by the MEAL Manager.
Knowledge/experience, qualifications/skills and abilities required
- Bachelor degree or currently a student;
- Excellent knowledge of Romanian and Russian. Good knowledge of English;
- Previous experience in community work;
- Easy to deal with, good listener, ability to establish a trusting working relationship with beneficiaries, ability to build/maintain effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners at the community level;
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, respond quickly to requests;
- Self-starter, reliable and good work ethic;
- Ability to work under minimal direct supervision;
- Flexibility to adapt to changing requirements;
- Good interpersonal skills and patience are essential when communicating with beneficiaries;
- Team oriented;
- Previous relevant experience in dealing with beneficiaries in a humanitarian aid operation will be a distinct advantage.
Reports to the MEAL Manager based in Chisinau.
Period of Assignment
The expected start is as early as possible.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English, Romanian or Russian)
- Full CV (in English, Romanian or Russian)
- Contacts of two references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/B9C99BA67F/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Hotline Assistant.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.