Field Assistants in Chișinău, Bălți, Comrat
Type of Appointment:
Chișinău, Bălți, Comrat, with frequent travel on the field
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
The Field Assistants’ (FA) primary role is to implement the emergency distribution project components in the field. The principle components for implementation are beneficiary identification/eligibility, distribution of in-kind material. The FA works directly with households in target communities. S/he is expected to regularly inform the Field Coordinators regarding the progress of activities and any changing conditions in the field so that adjustments/improvements can be made to ongoing operations if necessary.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Organizes and conducts individual meetings with beneficiaries/home visits, particularly during the initial beneficiary identification/eligibility phase by clearly and openly communicating the eligibility criteria
- Provides feedback to all visited/met beneficiaries about their status of eligibility;
- Distributes aid to eligible beneficiaries in accordance with the internal instruction developed by Field Coordinator and Project Manager;
- Collects information relevant to project implementation from communities and local administration;
- Cooperates with and assists partners such as local administration authorities, other stakeholders or volunteer groups;
- Supports the Field Coordinators in local level planning and implementation of the various project components;
- Continuously informs the Field Coordinators about progress in project implementation, prepares field situation reports;
- Proactively shares feedback on project implementation challenges s/he faces together with his/her recommendations
- Ensures all procedures followed and accurate documentation available for each field visit/distribution
- Archives project documents in accordance with PIN established procedures;
- Carries out other duties as assigned by the Field Coordinators.
Knowledge/experience, qualifications/skills and abilities required
- Bachelor degree or Secondary school.
- Previous experience in community work is an advantage.
- Approachable, good listener, ability to establish a trusting working relationship with beneficiaries, ability to build/maintain effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners at the community level.
- Ability to manage time, prioritize tasks, respond quickly to requests.
- Self-starter, reliable and good work ethic.
- Ability to work under minimal direct supervision
- Flexibility and can adapt to changing requirements
- Team oriented.
Reports to the Field Coordinator.
Period of Assignment
The expected start is as early as possible.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in Romanian/Russian/English)
- Full CV (in Romanian/Russian/English)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/51A43DA780/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Field Assistant.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.