Type of Appointment:
Chisinau, with occasional travel to PIN field locations
People in Need (PIN) is a non-governmental, non-profit, international organization founded in the Czech Republic in 1992. From 2009 onwards, PIN has added development programmes to its work in Moldova, building a vision and practices that keep people and communities at the centre of our work.
Throughout its presence in the country, PIN has been contributing to the development of following sectors: Sustainable Livelihood and Environment, Social Inclusion and Protection, Good Governance.
Summary of duties
Reporting to the Project Manager (based in Chisinau), the Database Officer (DO) supports implementation of an emergency distribution project, by managing the database and ensuring accuracy and completeness of statistical information and data acquired throughout the project. S/he supports the information flow and works closely and cooperatively with PIN support departments (Finance/Logistics/Monitoring & Evaluation/Human Resources) and other PIN Managers.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Establishes computer databases and integrates data within the system relating all project needs for beneficiary selection and eligibility criteria
- Maintains the beneficiary database ensuring that the information is valid and up-to-date
- Maintains filing system and keeps in order all documents collected by the field staff ensuring all the updated information from field staff is incorporated in general database
- Develops beneficiary assessment tools/templates and provides clear instruction to team for data collection; conducts some assessments as part of learning for Field Assistants to conduct analysis of this information to arrive at the final eligible beneficiary list. Assists the Field Team in the verification of details of pre-selected beneficiaries
- Ensures all data coming from project different fields are consistent and in same format/style
- Provides data as requested by the Project Manager and other supervisors and manages parameters to prepare basic data analysis
- Proactively analyses the data and provides regular update on different components of the project to make sure all targets are met
- Provides other statistical analysis as required for the project
- Prepares necessary documentation for the Project Manager and the project team
- Archives Project documentation in accordance with PIN established procedures
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager, DSM or Country Director.
Knowledge/experience, qualifications/skills and abilities required
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematical, economical education or other relevant area
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience
- IT proficiency, knowledge of Excel and Google spreadsheets
- Proficient in Romanian or Russian, and good English verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with field data collection and software such as Kobo toolbox is an advantage
- Approachable, good listener, builds and maintains effective relationships with colleagues, team members and external partners including at community level
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, and analyse significant amounts of information with great attention to detail.
Reports to the Project Manager based in Chisinau.
Period of Assignment
The expected start is as early as possible.
Salary Range and Benefits
Salary will be defined according to PIN salary grid, depending on candidate’s experience. Possibility of salary increase based on performance.
Benefits: State and private health insurance.
Interested applicants must submit the following:
- Cover Letter (in English, Romanian or Russian)
- Full CV (in English, Romanian or Russian)
- Contacts of three references with a possibility of including the supervisor in the most recent work assignment.
The above shall be sent to the following link: https://apply.workable.com/people-in-need-2/j/F287D9893D/apply/ and use subject heading: Ref: Database Officer.
Deadline for applications: December 31, 2021, by COB. The applicants will be invited for interviews on the rolling basis.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview. No phone calls inquiries allowed.